Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motors not starting

Reaction score
Last night I got my drone out after a year of not flying it. While hovering I tried to rotate the drone just to check this out. I noticed that the drone would move forward while I was rotating it. I came in the house and went to system settings and did a reset. I had to re-bind the drone to the controller (st16). Everything comes on except the motors. When I hit the red button to start the motors nothing happens. It worked fine before I did the reset. Not sure what I need to do to fix it. Any help would be appreciate. THX

The "Reset" in System Settings is not the same as a factory reset. It is mainly related to binding with the drone and camera and doesn't have a lot to do with control settings. I'm not sure how it may have affected your system, or if it is even related to the current problem.

Is GPS acquired?
Have you checked the Hardware Monitor and Final output display to ensure the button is at least working?
What color/pattern is the rear main LED showing?
Are there any beep sounds coming from either the controller or the drone?
A screenshot of your main flight screen may be useful.

The "Reset" in System Settings is not the same as a factory reset. It is mainly related to binding with the drone and camera and doesn't have a lot to do with control settings. I'm not sure how it may have affected your system, or if it is even related to the current problem.

Is GPS acquired?
Have you checked the Hardware Monitor and Final output display to ensure the button is at least working?
What color/pattern is the rear main LED showing?
Are there any beep sounds coming from either the controller or the drone?
A screenshot of your main flight screen may be useful.
GPS is acquired.
have checked the hardware monitor and final output and the switch is working.
the main led is showing a green light and then flashes to a white/light purple.
it’s giving me a single beep every 10 to 15 seconds

GPS is acquired.
have checked the hardware monitor and final output and the switch is working.
the main led is showing a green light and then flashes to a white/light purple.
it’s giving me a single beep every 10 to 15 seconds

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
Can you provide the flight log from those tests? I thing the last four file triples should be enough (telemetryxxxx.csv, remotexxxx.csv and remoteGPSxxxx.csv)? From this we can see if stick calibration is OK, channel settings can be excluded from checking, HW status of the drone is available and so on. Would make it easier to analyze and avoid a lot of question - answer ping-pong.

In case of problems I do the following (do the easy things first):
1. Visual check, status LED, sounds, switch positions
2. Build-in checks like HW-monitor, output monitor, FW (About controller), binding
3. Check flight logs
4. Check HW with GUI
5. Now I start thinking what coud be the problem, start deeper tech analysis ...

br HE

This is apparently not something simple. We will need to see the information suggested by @h-elsner above. Especially the flight logs, firmware versions and results from checking on the GUI.
Was the drone flying correctly before being placed in storage? Did anything happen between the last time the drone flew correctly and the first time it did not? You have already mentioned long storage. But have there been any other factors, such as repairs, modifications, firmware changes, bumps/hard landings, channel calibrations or anything else you can think of?

Did you enter the Channel Settings menu at any time for any reason?

Do you have a second drone and/or controller available to use for troubleshooting?

Reactions: Pier2162
But...is your drone a Typhoon H or an H plus?
'Cause I see on your picture that you've selected an H2 (plus) as active model...or is it only the name you gave to your H?
Screenshot_20231027_165146.jpg

Last edited:
And again: have you try to disable gps and see if motors start?
After 1 year of not use, may be the gps need to update the almanac...battery on the module can be at a low level or at zero.

I wish to add that you should check also the ST16 sticks calibration, if throttle is not at zero, motors don't start.
The problem you had before resetting (the drone would move forward while I was rotating it) can be a symptom of dirty potentiometers on the sticks.
But...is your drone a Typhoon H or an H plus?
'Cause I see on your picture that you've selected an H2 (plus) as active model...or is it only the name you gave to your H?
View attachment 29936
It is a typhoon H, not a plus. I created a new model to try and get it to work. Donets matter which version I select it will not start. Everything was fine before I did the reset.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
It is a typhoon H, not a plus. I created a new model to try and get it to work. Donets matter which version I select it will not start. Everything was fine before I did the reset.
Is there a way to reset back to factory conditions?

Is there a way to reset back to factory conditions?
Yeah. Your B1 settings are not right in Channel Setting.
At this point, I think the only reasonable chance is to do a full factory reset as you mention and create a new model.
1.) Go to Pad.
2.) Select the menu icon at the bottom.
3.) Select the "Settings" ICON
4.) Scroll down to "Backup & reset".
5.) Select "Factory data reset"
6.) Select "Reset Tablet" at the bottom
7.) Select "Erase everything"
Allow time for it to clean itself up and restart.
Select language. Connect to Wifi. Set time and date. Create a new model. Bind the drone to the new model. Bind to the camera and select correct camera type.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Yeah. Your B1 settings are not right in Channel Setting.
At this point, I think the only reasonable chance is to do a full factory reset as you mention and create a new model.
1.) Go to Pad.
2.) Select the menu icon at the bottom.
3.) Select the "Settings" ICON
4.) Scroll down to "Backup & reset".
5.) Select "Factory data reset"
6.) Select "Reset Tablet" at the bottom
7.) Select "Erase everything"
Allow time for it to clean itself up and restart.
Select language. Connect to Wifi. Set time and date. Create a new model. Bind the drone to the new model. Bind to the camera and select correct camera type.
The factory reset on the controller worked. did a short flight at about 3 feet. the main LED is flashing purple and white. While sitting on the ground with the motors running. Where can I find a list of what the different colors mean?

Thanks for all your help to get my drone going again. Saturday morning I got up and took it outside for a flight. I had to calibrate the compass again (for the 5th time) and the main led was flashing purple indicating that the gps was not connected, yet the ST16 was showing it was connected. The gps signal was in and out. Can I change the battery on the gps board? I was in an unobstructed area so I don’t believe that anything was blocking the signal. The ST16 was also showing 15 SAT. Are there any other small batteries that may need to be replaced?

What was the blink rate on the Main LED on the aircraft?

If it is solid purple and then blinks white once every 3 seconds you have GPS lock and the ST16 has good enough GPS to allow for FollowMe/Watch Me modes.

If it blinks 3x/sec then off for 1 sec then you do not have GPS Acquired.

You can recharge the battery on the GPS board by just turning the aircraft on and let it sit for a few hours in the house or outside in the shade. After that just 15 to 30 minutes every 2 weeks will keep the battery charged enough.

What was the blink rate on the Main LED on the aircraft?

If it is solid purple and then blinks white once every 3 seconds you have GPS lock and the ST16 has good enough GPS to allow for FollowMe/Watch Me modes.

If it blinks 3x/sec then off for 1 sec then you do not have GPS Acquired.

You can recharge the battery on the GPS board by just turning the aircraft on and let it sit for a few hours in the house or outside in the shade. After that just 15 to 30 minutes every 2 weeks will keep the battery charged enough.
It was the 3x/sec then off for 1 sec.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold