Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze UHD (4K video) woes

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I’m experiencing problems with 4K video on the Breeze. I can record video in 4K and view it in the BreezeCam app, but it does not download to the camera roll on my iPhone 7. If I select it in the Gallery of BreezeCam and try to edit I get the error ‘Fail to import 4K video’.

Yuneec support suggested reloading the app, but I am still having the same problems after doing so. BreezeCam has permissions for location services, photos, camera, cellular, and Siri. All other camera modes work with no problem.

Have any others had this problem? Am I missing something?

I was able to download 4K directly from the app no issues (iphone x), are you still having the issue? with other 4k videos too?
have you tried to download to PC or Mac? I also ended up connecting to my Macbook via USB and was able to copy easily

Can you view the 4K video in the iPhone's Photos app? The download in the Breeze Cam app is still 1080p even though it says 4k. It just means the video on the Breeze memory is in 4k.

Yup, I can play all the videos I downloaded. I don't know of a way to check the resolution technically, but there is definitely a difference in visual quality between the videos taken in 4k and the 1080p ones

are you playing them in the Breeze Cam app or in Photos on the iPhone?

it plays in both. I cannot edit the 4K video on the breeze cam app, but I can edit it from the iphone photo gallery

What is the error message in Breeze Cam when you try to edit 4K video?

You will see a wider coverage in 4K as opposed to 1080p as well as more jitter (not stabilized)

when I try to edit I get the same "fail to import 4k video" but it has downloaded seamlessly to iphone photos the first time I tried to download it(have you checked you have enough storage space?)
yes it is higher quality, wider, and less stabilized.
I checked the file size on the iphone photo app and it is the same as the 4K video on the breeze cam app

Differences between the 7 and the X

The 7 can take and edit its own 4K video. Just Yuneec can't get Breeze Cam to do it, at least on the iPhone 7.

i see, I jumped from a 6 to the X. so I have no idea what the 7 can do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval