Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze won't fly

Reaction score
Haven't flown my breeze during the pandemic but obtained an LG phone and got the app installed. Phone in airplane mode. Drone and phone connect with wifi. Camera pans up & down. It will lift off about two feet and then settle back down and stop. The little drone emblem at top of the screen shows as orange and that is supposed to mean that IPS is now reading correctly. I am showing 15-17 satellites. Tried several different modes and all do the same. Tried different batteries. What am I missing?

The icon for the IRS can be blue (good), yellow (not in normal range), or red (an error). It is common to see the IRS icon yellow as it sits on the ground and become blue once it is 18 inches or so off of the ground. If the icon is red (not orange) it may possibly do what you are describing.

Power up the Breeze, connect via WiFi, start Breeze Cam, then observe the status icons. If the IRS icon is yellow, lift the Breeze away from the ground and note what height the ITS icon turns blue. It should be about 18 to 24 inches.

If it does not turn blue check that the filter glass is clean. If it is clean, take the Breeze into a dark room or closet and place it on the floor. You should see a small circle of light from the IRS emitter. As you lift the Breeze the circle will grow in size and become dimmer. If you don’t see the light then there is a problem with the IRS module.

Report your findings. 3314F900-F451-4F7A-B77A-87E5E269A3EB.jpeg

Okay if I pick it up the icon changes to blue about 18" -24" off the ground. If I try to take off it will not get high enough long enough to change the icon to blue. I believe I have a low power problem. May need some new batteries. Recharging now and will try again later. Thanks for your help!

Okay, I turned the drone so that the power button faced me. As soon as it took off the power button turned red and it would hop up a couple of feet and then land. This was with the battery showing 95%. I started hitting the up control as soon as the motors started. Kept trying it until the battery power dropped to about 50%. Took awhile. Then I recharged that battery and tried it again. Got a normal flight out of it. Had to do the same with the other battery twice and just now got it to fly until the battery dropped below 30%. Could see the red flickering in the power button background the whole flight. Hoping after a recharge that it will be okay. Evidently, these batteries don't like to sit around not being used. Thanks again DoomMeister!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz