Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Broken blades

My my...definitely no on glue gun. I don't know if super glue has been tried, but please do not try glue. if you have a Typhoon H you should have received a couple spares. What happened, have a crash?

It was a slow motion crash. Lol first time trying to land it , zigged when I should have zagged. It tipped over while the blades were still spinning and it snapped a blade right at the hub. I have a Q500 4K. It did come with two sets of blades. The gluing would just be an experiment.

Has anyone had success in using a hot glue gun to repair broken blades? Or is it a lost cause?
never use a blade that has broken and then you glued it back together it won't hold up and it's most likely out of balance , you are playing with danger , it's not worth a $7 blade to your $800 plus drone , remember a Q500 won't fly on 3 props it will fall out of the sky and there goes your nice camera ,not worth it .

Look here:
PHP:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122078942564?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Good luck,
Jafo

Those props look like knockoffs, not genuine Yuneec OEM Blades. I wouldn't use them, IMHO.....

never use a blade that has broken and then you glued it back together it won't hold up and it's most likely out of balance , you are playing with danger , it's not worth a $7 blade to your $800 plus drone , remember a Q500 won't fly on 3 props it will fall out of the sky and there goes your nice camera ,not worth it .

The loss of the bird is one thing but the possibility of personal injury is a real possibility. There is a lot of centrifugal force exerted on the blade. It could become a deadly flying object.

Carbon props are awesome and border line dangerous if distance on landing and take off aren't respected but there strong as heck! Mines chop branches, survived concrete crashes an then some. Have had the same ones for a year now only use plastic ones if there's a lot of people around.

I use the .........knock off red flexables works fine drone doesen't know difference nor do I ;) Jafo is da man , was very helpful with my issues when I first started Thanks again JAFO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval