Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Brunclough, Off Grid

Very nice. Love seeing other landscapes,like the hills and valleys. Flying with virtually no interference would be so nice. Ha I got freaked out for a second when the 3 cars met each other on the corner on the wrong side of the road. I could never drive like you people do. Hope you are recovering from Ill health and that this covid thing gets under control. Best wishes to you . Peace KC

Reactions: FlushVision
Very nice. Love seeing other landscapes,like the hills and valleys. Flying with virtually no interference would be so nice. Ha I got freaked out for a second when the 3 cars met each other on the corner on the wrong side of the road. I could never drive like you people do. Hope you are recovering from Ill health and that this covid thing gets under control. Best wishes to you . Peace KC
This last 12 months have been a bumpy road. I suffered a stroke in May last year which grounded me for a couple of months. Covid restrictions had it's effects too, and a bad fall shortly before Christmas meant that the other day was the first realistic opportunity to get a flight in. These flights were in a part of England called The Pennines. A range of upland moors and valleys that is seen as 'The Backbone Of England'. The actual location is around 15 miles to the East of Manchester. Type in 'Standedge, England' into Google Earth to see it on a map.

We, of course, drive on the correct side of the road. You in America have it all wrong. We try to teach you but you won't listen (Joking)

Very nice and the flying wasn't half bad either. What a lovely spot to fly in, lucky man you are. I got a fright towards the end as I thought you were going to fly under the foot bridge o_O
All the best
Mike Irish.

Reactions: FlushVision
Very nice and the flying wasn't half bad either. What a lovely spot to fly in, lucky man you are. I got a fright towards the end as I thought you were going to fly under the foot bridge o_O
All the best
Mike Irish.
My initial plan was to take off from the side of Brun Clough Reservoir on the d,am top but the wind was a bit gusty just there and since the aircraft hadn't flown in 7 months I decided to take off from the bottom of the d,am in case something unpredictable happened at take off. I'm a pretty good pilot, though I say it myself, but flying under that footbridge is beyond my skill set. By the way. The title's inclusion of 'Off Grid' refers to the warden's cottage seen in the footage. It was featured in a TV renovations prog called 'Homes Under The Hammer' which showed it to be without mains electricity, water, or gas, and everything. You can see the solar panel array behind the property's garage.

Thanks for watching ?

Edit: The swear word filter is a bit fierce. Edited because it rejected 'D,am' typed without the comma

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval