Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BUCKING BRONCO! !!!!!

Reaction score
For those of you who have experienced what I'm talking about, there should be no explanation. For the others (the lucky ones,)here goes. I love my Typhoon Q500 4K ,make no mistake about it. But in any wind over 5 mph, she bucks and rocks like crazy. Then when I to bring her home, she almost "toilet bowls" on me. I'm afraid that she will get in the spiral of death. My Quanum Venture did that, and that goodness she was high enough that i powered out of it.Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what do you do?I love my Q500 4K, but what good is it if I can't fly her in the wind????!!!! IMHO ,I feel like she's either underpowered or under proped. Any thoughts??? Thanks

For those of you who have experienced what I'm talking about, there should be no explanation. For the others (the lucky ones,)here goes. I love my Typhoon Q500 4K ,make no mistake about it. But in any wind over 5 mph, she bucks and rocks like crazy. Then when I to bring her home, she almost "toilet bowls" on me. I'm afraid that she will get in the spiral of death. My Quanum Venture did that, and that goodness she was high enough that i powered out of it.Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what do you do?I love my Q500 4K, but what good is it if I can't fly her in the wind????!!!! IMHO ,I feel like she's either underpowered or under proped. Any thoughts??? Thanks
Try a IMU and compass calibration, If you can on a Yuneec, I had same issue on my Phantom 2 and 3 and it solved that problem, Just a thought! I am just a new deserter from DJI to Yuneec(still fly my Phantoms though) !

Reactions: Mrdronenut
You should not be having trouble at 5 mph. I am a fairly new Yuneec 4K pilot and I have flow it at winds over 14 mph. It will burn through a battery at high wind speeds though. Things I have learned: Always land manually and not with the RTH setting, and land facing into the wind. If you land sideways to the wind it can tip over and, in may case, lose some props.

Reactions: Mrdronenut

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval