Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bulk deletes on CGO3+ SD card (avoid formats)...

Reaction score
Really didn't like the idea of fumbling with the camera to remove the SD card to review my pictures after each flight. So I took the advice of a member here and use the TH's lighty file server to get them wirelessly.

I can bulk copy and paste to my Windows PC 8.1 pro rig and place jpg's into a Windows Explorer folder with no problem (rename pano's easily once there). The issue is keeping the SD card clean by removing files once remotely copied (a simple cut and paste), has anyone had luck performing bulk deletes on the SD card?

Asked another way, I don't have permissions from the server and would like to grant myself access from the PC as owner.

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: yerrickl
Really didn't like the idea of fumbling with the camera to remove the SD card to review my pictures after each flight. So I took the advice of a member here and use the TH's lighty file server to get them wirelessly.

I can bulk copy and paste to my Windows PC 8.1 pro rig and place jpg's into a Windows Explorer folder with no problem (rename pano's easily once there). The issue is keeping the SD card clean by removing files once remotely copied (a simple cut and paste), has anyone had luck performing bulk deletes on the SD card?

Asked another way, I don't have permissions from the server and would like to grant myself access from the PC as owner.

Thanks in advance...

You can reformat the card from the ST. It's in the menu for camera settings once you've got connection. I have to say I've got many devices with SD card slots and the GGO is one of the only I can remove the card without any trouble even with my fat fingers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I did find the option to format the SD card from the ST16's camera menu, and please forgive me if I'm creating a problem where none exists.

I would format the card after each use but it seems to me fraught with danger, regret and misgivings. I'd wonder whether I was careful enough to copy each image without fail before the formatting.

The default naming convention in the CGO3+ doesn't allow for discerning a single photo from a burst or panorama.Currently I rely on date and time data but undoubtedly become disoriented and befuddled (an improved photo naming convention would certainly be high on my TH wishlist. Something akin to a 1-8 sufix on pano, or an 'S' for single pics.)

I can/do bulk copy from the CGO3+ into Windows wirelessly, however I cannot cut & paste and am sure plenty of folks have developed a simple workaround.

A TH owner for less than a month and love it.

With cards being so cheap I consider each card a master until backed up on two separate hard drives in the edit suite.
One mistake and you could lose a morning's flying.

With cards being so cheap I consider each card a master until backed up on two separate hard drives in the edit suite.
One mistake and you could lose a morning's flying.

I mistakenly threw away most of my first 3 months of flying being stupid with USB sticks and naming...only recovered all the non 5 min files - end of flights and landings...lost a lot of good shots and some I'll never capture again. Between flying, shooting, downloading, editing, charging batteries, and just mucking about this machine gets more attention than people in my life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks JC, that's the answer I was looking for.

Remotely backup to the PC's harddrive and sort pictures (cut and paste) from the backup into a Window Explorer sub directory then edit the picture(s) from the subdirectory.

In a perfect world I'll never have to review the contents of the 64GB SD card in the CGO3+. Storage space is not the issue (with only jpg); it's organization and method (best practice).

For those that care to know I'll review the steps for a wireless link to the CGO3+. The bulk copy/rename from the TH into the PC is straightforward. I'll append to the work of the original post to whom gets the credit. Note: the only downside to wireless transfer is having the TH powered on during the transfer process (but it only takes a few minutes). Thank you all for helping me think thru the process.

Between flying, shooting, downloading, editing, charging batteries, and just mucking about this machine gets more attention than people in my life.

My "son" Ty does deserve more attention that people in my life... :D

Thanks in advance...

am I to understand. after going through this with the original Q500. they still haven't the option to hook your camera
up to your pc via a USB cable like the ST10.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson