Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

c23 camera firmware

Reaction score
finally after all this time yuneec has released c23 and it's gimbal as individual files that can be downloaded and updated via sd card in the camera. for those you who us the c23 on the h520 you can now update the camera to the most current version.

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
For what it's worth, a word of caution may be advised. It's good to know update files are available. But I would have some questions about the HPlus set of files on www.us.yuneec.com.
The HPlus/C23 files appear to be the HPlus Build 822, which is the current version. But there are a couple of discrepancies:
1.) The camera file has a different name. It was "camera.bin" when it came as an OTA download of Build 822. Now it is "firmware.bin". The files size is the same, but the file date has changed. The "version date" stayed the same. Might mean nothing. I don't know.
2.) There is no EU firmware listed on the US Website. I can't access the websites for either Great Britain or Germany.
3.) The biggie. The HPlus file set at www.us.yuneec.com is incomplete. The only thing provided for the controller is the AP. The main parts of the controller update are missing. You can see the missing Controller system update in the pictures below. What you can't see in the pictures is that the Android system update is also missing, as is the "TX" system update. This becomes critical because it is possible to have mismatched flight related firmware between the controller and the drone. IF you update from one of the versions prior to "redundant flight control" (Build 777,10-22-2018 ?), your drone will swap back and forth between 2.4 ghz and 5.8ghz control. But the controller will not. You will have periods of control loss, and may not realize why it is happening.
Here are results when upgrading from the earliest "Build 652" to the "latest" using first the files from www.us.yuneec.com, and then repeating it using the original update files for the current Build 822:
updates.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I need to mention that info was only for the camera and gimbal files. nothing else was to be touched. this for the c23users to update the camera and gimbal only via sd card for use with the first gen h520. and for now seems only on the usa side.

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I need to mention that info was only for the camera and gimbal files. nothing else was to be touched. this for the c23users to update the camera and gimbal only via sd card for use with the first gen h520. and for now seems only on the usa side.
If it helps, EU members can find the camera firmware in the repository established by @Yuneec Skins:

Direct link to webpage for the Dropbox repository.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JC_