Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 flipping around and not steadying at startup

"Yes, the model number is right on the camera. Now, I have to see if I ordered the wrong pitch controller."
If you have a C23, and ordered the part number recommended by post #7 above, you are in good shape.

"There was no video but the WTFproject.pdf file I quickly viewed. There it shows how to replace the controller."
The WTFDproject.pdf does not have a section for replacing the tilt encoder on a C23. It does have a section for replacing the equivalent component on a CGo3+. The task is far more difficult on a CGo3+. The C23 only involves prying the decorative cover off the right hub, four screws, and two connectors. Prying the cover off is a bear, but other than the incredibly difficult glue on the cover, it is a far, far easier task than on the CG03+.
OK, I think I'm getting there, SLOWLY :) A little clarification, the right hub means the correct hub or the physically right hub on actual camera? I took off a cover on the arm holding camera and saw some electronic parts, and above that I saw more electronics sitting on the arm. They were covered by 4 screws. Is this the unit to remove and the pitch controller to be found under this?

It means the physically right hub, when viewed from the rear of the camera. Did you see the pictures in the document linked above?

Note your description sounds a lot like you are on the rear of the camera. That is not good.

It means the physically right hub, when viewed from the rear of the camera. Did you see the pictures in the document linked above?

Note your description sounds a lot like you are on the rear of the camera. That is not good.

Thanks, everything is fine with rear. I didn't destroy anything and now realize I was trying to use CG03 instruction for replacement. That explained why controller I have for E90 didn't work. I will be using the updated version of WTFproject to repair. Thank you again for your helpful advice.

Reactions: WTFDproject

OK, I just installed a new pitch controller using WTFproject. It must be something else as I'm getting the same 3 pulse tones and a small twitch in camera. The camera can be freely turned/spin around while making the sound. Any ideas?

Yes. Almost all C23 parts are the same as the E90, and are listed as E90 parts.

I have installed a new pitch controller from Vertigo Drones today. The camera is still tilted and pulse 3 tones and continues to twitch a little in sync with tones. I did notice the the camera can be spun around easily with no resistance. What should I try next before sending off to Vertigo Drones for repair?

Given the code is still present, and the original problem involved a possibility of leaving the unit powered when placed in storage, the next likely issue is the gimbal board itself. It's in the rear arm, on the other end of the little ribbon cable you saw when you changed the tilt sensor. Unfortunately, the gimbal board is neither inexpensive, nor is it an easy fix. I can create a set of instructions, but job this involves risking several delicate ribbon connectors. They are worked from awkward angles, extremely easy to damage. and one of them has never been available for public sale.
I think at this point, it would be best to seek help. Have you contacted Vertigo?

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder