Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 gimbal - help needed

Reaction score
Hi.
I have not flown my H+ for month because of lots of work, but yesterday decided to take my H+ for a spin as weather was perfect for a flight.
Did a quick checklist in my head, and concluded we where ready to fly. Powered first ST16s on, waited to get enough satellites and the powered on my H+ up as normal on my lawn.

BUT to late i saw that I had forgotten to remove the C23 camera transportation support and now the gimbal sounded 'unhappy' eg. C23 beeps 2 long and one 1 repeatedly, and led blink red.

I powered off the H+ as soon as possible, maybe after 10 sec, but now i dont have a functional gimbal. Camera works on controller but the gimbal are toasted.

Does someone have a clue how to fix this or do I need to call Yuneec for repair?

PS: The squeaky sound in the background is my sunshade moving in the vind, and not my H+ :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't see the LED showing any signs of life on the camera. Are you sure the camera is powering on? You do see the video feed on the ST16?

Also, paint the gimbal lock with bright red or yellow so you don't forget it. I've also attached fluorescent ribbon which hangs down.

I don't see the LED showing any signs of life on the camera. Are you sure the camera is powering on? You do see the video feed on the ST16?

Also, paint the gimbal lock with bright red or yellow so you don't forget it. I've also attached fluorescent ribbon which hangs down.

Hi Steve.

Yes I see video on my ST16S.

In a way, you may have been lucky. The code you hear is the Pitch (tilt) encoder error. Of all the things that can go wrong with a C23, that is just about the only one that can be easily repaired. See Attachment 26 (C23 / E90 Pitch Encoder Replacement) of ""Way To Fix Drones project".
The part you need is YUNE90109SVC (E90 Pitch Encoder) . You can contact @Yuneec Skins to see if he has any in stock. I did not see them on his website, but he has a lot of stuff that is not yet listed.
You might notice the part number is listed as an "E90" part. That's because most C23 and E90 parts are the same, and only listed under the E90 part number.

Now the bad news. It is also possible the gimbal board or other related items were damaged. If replacing the encoder does not fix the issue, the camera would best be sent for repair.

Thanks.

I will try to fix it myself. Do I need to replace 1 or 2 pitch encoders, and do you have any knowledge of a European seller.

// Martin

Thanks.

I will try to fix it myself. Do I need to replace 1 or 2 pitch encoders, and do you have any knowledge of a European seller.

// Martin
Possibly copter.eu, although the search function in their website comes up empty for the part number. Yuneec UK or Yuneec Germany are other possible sources.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval