Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 Help Needed

Reaction score
Hello,

For the C23 on an H Plus, I cannot control gimbal camera roll. It will only do yaw with a delayed reaction. The camera will turn left and right, just not up and down. Camera is refurbished and tested on another drone by pro. Camera is bound, RC is bound. It will take stills and video. I factory reset controller, and installed gimbal 784 firmware which fixed the 3 beeps the camera was making. Any help is welcomed. Thanks.

Does the camera stabilize level on the up/down(pitch) axis when powered on?

You mentioned "3 beeps" before the firmware change to Build 784. The beeps would be a combination/pattern of long and short beeps. Do you remember the pattern? Are you certain there were three?

Did anything happen between the last time it worked and the first time it did not? (Things like calibrations, firmware updates, bumpy landings, transport without a gimbal lock, long storage period or anything else you can think of.)

You mentioned it had been tested on another drone:
Did the camera work on your drone when you first received it?
Was it tested on the other drone after it failed on your drone?

Reactions: DoomMeister
Also you may want to check the tilt slider on your ST-16S in hardware monitor. These are not known to get oxidized like the sticks but if the camera is connected and functioning in all but one aspect, that is something I would want to confirm first.

Reactions: DoomMeister
This Camera was purchased from Yuneec Skins... I asked him to start this Thread so we can determine if the Camera is the issue, or something else. It would be easy just to have him return the Camera, and exchange it, but spending more on shipping both way's and not even knowing the Camera is the problem isn't cost effective. My Job would be impossible without the Help of YuneecPilots.com Forum Members Support! Thank you...;)

Referencing the firmware on the system it was mentioned that 784 gimbal firmware was installed. What is the firmware on the rest of the system?

I believe there has been odd behaviors when firmwares were mixed. I believe @WTFDproject is more well versed in that department. The delayed response to pan controls and no reaction on tilt could be a symptom of firmware mismatch.

This is the other firmware I have installed. (see attached)

Attachments

• 20220514_125357.jpg
    20220514_125357.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
And here are the version numbers of the radio and transmitter

Attachments

• 20220514_124015.jpg
    20220514_124015.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
I don't immediately see a concern with the firmware. We can revisit later if needed.
Have you looked at the items in Post #2 and Post #3?
Yes, l cleaned the controller sliders and gimbals and did diagnostics on all controller functions. Yuneec has walked me through diagnostica before, the controller is fine. I found when I toggle tilt mode to V the camera reacts by shaking and wobbling in all directions and eventually stops. Still no tilt control. About ready to give up on this drone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio