Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cabin fever - reliving first flight

Reaction score
An image from my first flight, around Thanksgiving weekend:

YUN00005.jpg

I flew a Syma X55W for a year or so before deciding to jump into something official. And I've flown some smaller R/C helicopters over the years. Plus I still fly model rockets with the NAR. So I'm used to managing something in the air, with my feet on the ground.

Flying the Syma was like driving an old car with a worn out steering box and destroyed ball joints.. I figured if I could bend that little drone's wild ways, I should be able to handle something bigger.

So in late summer, I stumbled upon a drone class at a local community college - not much on flying, but rather the information needed to pursue FAA Part 107, which I intend to do. And through that class, I learned so much more about different drones, manufacturers, available cameras, etc.

So I took advantage of a cyber Monday sale on a Typhoon H and I'm definitely enjoying it. I'm waiting for the temperatures to get above freezing again.. the opposite of what's happening outside this weekend. A lot of reading and not much flying until spring.

I've already learned a lot of undocumented information from this forum, so I thank everyone for sharing. I need to dig into some details about getting a compass calibration to "stick" so it stops drifting. And after reading some of the horror stories about flyaways from GPS ****, this will be my number one priority. There's something unnerving about landing and seeing the screen report that the drone is 20 feet away from where home should be - and 10 feet below ground..

I have no idea where this will take me at this point, but I'm enjoying the ride.

Dale

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece