Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Control

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A friend who just started using the H for his photography business is having difficulty filming activities on the ground using the tilt slider. I feel his pain. It seems like the tilt has a lag which makes following a subject difficult and they go off screen before the camera can catch up. And trying to use the pan and tilt at the same time makes it even more challenging.

I'm curious if it's possible to run a CCC mission and "park" the H and then use the right stick to control the camera? Has anyone tried this? @Ty Pilot ??

Have not tried it, but even if possible, you still have to deal with video delay. What you see on your ST-16 display is not real time video.

In theory, if you run a 2 waypoint mission and simply let the H hover at the second waypoint, you should retain right stick camera control, until you cancel out of CCC mode.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm curious if it's possible to run a CCC mission and "park" the H and then use the right stick to control the camera? Has anyone tried this? @Ty Pilot ??

Yes, once the craft is in CCC mode but before starting an actual mission, when you flip into Global Pan Control, the right stick controls the camera from that point forward. So in essence, if you just want to sit there and pan with the right stick and record without running the mission; you can.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes, once the craft is in CCC mode but before starting an actual mission, when you flip into Global Pan Control, the right stick controls the camera from that point forward. So in essence, if you just want to sit there and pan with the right stick and record without running the mission; you can.
Perfect. Thank you.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
@Steve Carr tell me about it i always over run where i want it to stop due to the lag.
Think i need to take it out sit there with it hovering and just play with the tilt till i have mastered it
I suspect the lag is at least partially dependent of the distance from the controller. I have not tried to test that theory.

Reactions: daved20319
dont get picture lag and the pan is instant its just feels like your waiting for 3 seconds for the tilt to move, out of instinct you keep moving it till it moves by this stage you have gone past where you want the camera to be

Last edited:
dot get picture lag and pan is instant its just feels like your waiting for 3 seconds for the tilt to move out of instinct you keep moving it till it moves by this stage you have gone past where you want the camera to be
No I don't get that I mean the camera responds quicker with 4hawks, for me there's a difference when using stock at a distance. But the fastest thing I track is steam trains.

I suspect the lag is at least partially dependent of the distance from the controller. I have not tried to test that theory.

I did, just the other night, although that wasn't my intent. Even with the TH sitting on a table next to me and the ST16 in my lap, I could raise my arm and drop it before the on screen me started the move. So it's a pretty severe lag, and physics says it could only get worse as the distance increases. I don't think I'd want to rely on it for FPV flying is there was any chance of running into something. Later.

Dave

I did, just the other night, although that wasn't my intent. Even with the TH sitting on a table next to me and the ST16 in my lap, I could raise my arm and drop it before the on screen me started the move. So it's a pretty severe lag, and physics says it could only get worse as the distance increases. I don't think I'd want to rely on it for FPV flying is there was any chance of running into something. Later.

Dave
FPV is a guide, in conjunction with your eyes, VLOS is a must, flying high can help avoid obstacles, i check my area out when I fly personally, it will get better.

No I don't get that I mean the camera responds quicker with 4hawks, for me there's a difference when using stock at a distance. But the fastest thing I track is steam trains.
wondering if the would also fix camera connection time and lose of connection in cold weather when retracting landing gear

wondering if the would also fix camera connection time and lose of connection in cold weather when retracting landing gear
Connection time is because of Dynamic frequency selection, that can't be changed, problem of EU software

Reactions: thetrecker
dont get picture lag and the pan is instant its just feels like your waiting for 3 seconds for the tilt to move, out of instinct you keep moving it till it moves by this stage you have gone past where you want the camera to be
Try it while watching the camera to see if there is a delay between the slider and the camera movement. Don't look at the screen.

Reactions: thetrecker
You can also use the point of interest or orbit mode for your subject and use the right stick to control the camera as well.

I saw a YouTube video where someone programmed the tilt slider for throttle and the gimbal rotation knob for yaw. Then programed the left stick to control the camera.

Could always just use the wizard and ST16 in team mode too.

You can also use the point of interest or orbit mode for your subject and use the right stick to control the camera as well.

I saw a YouTube video where someone programmed the tilt slider for throttle and the gimbal rotation knob for yaw. Then programed the left stick to control the camera.

Could always just use the wizard and ST16 in team mode too.

In POI - the right stick does not control the camera, it controls radius and direction of travel (see pic below). The only flight mode where camera control is switched to the right stick; on either the standard Typhoon H or the Typhoon H Plus is - CCC.

Reprogramming the left stick to control the camera; and then reprogramming the pan and tilt controls to operate throttle and gimbal? :oops: Even if this were possible, one would still have the same problem - only one left hand. ;)

Last edited:
In POI - the right stick does not control the camera, it controls radius and direction of travel (see pic below). The only flight mode where camera control is switched to the right stick; on either the standard Typhoon H or the Typhoon H Plus is - CCC.

Reprogramming the left stick to control the camera; and then reprogramming the pan and tilt controls to operate throttle and gimbal? :oops: Even if this were possible, one would still have the same problem - only one left hand. ;)

View attachment 14817

Aaahhh, I must have misunderstood. I was told all the flight modes turned camera control over to the right stick. Guess I was wrong.
I don’t think I could get used to the reprogramming way either. The stick function would be convenient but trying to use the tilt and knob at the same time would prove pretty difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece