Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus camera comparison with the EVO 2 pro v3

Reaction score
Website
www.jcommstudios.com
When it comes to cinematic video the H Plus and C23 is the clear winner here.
After flying and shooting the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus and an EVO 1 for a couple of years I picked up the Autel EVO2 Pro v3. Just got the EVO so this is an early comparison of the 2 1inch sensor cameras. All and all 2 very different cameras and each has it's strong points. I will use both but for different projects. The EVO2 Pro v3 is a workhorse with mission capabilities and high ISO for shooting at night. The H Plus with the C23 seems best suited for cinematic scenes due to its retraceable landing gear, pan and tilt camera control and a robust controller. The EVO2 Pro v3 has a small smart controller that is 6 1/6 wide and 3 5/8 high. Small in comparison to the ST16s with the H Plus.

After flying and shooting the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus and an EVO 1 for a couple of years I picked up the Autel EVO2 Pro v3. Just got the EVO so this is an early comparison of the 2 1inch sensor cameras. All and all 2 very different cameras and each has it's strong points. I will use both but for different projects. The EVO2 Pro v3 is a workhorse with mission capabilities and high ISO for shooting at night. The H Plus with the C23 seems best suited for cinematic scenes due to its retraceable landing gear, pan and tilt camera control and a robust controller. The EVO2 Pro v3 has a small smart controller that is 6 1/6 wide and 3 5/8 high. Small in comparison to the ST16s with the H Plus.

@steve-and-drones

I have 2 typhoon H plus, with that 360 camera and the wind resistance can't beat the H plus. Bigger is better. https://www.youtube.com/@steve-and-drones/videos

Reactions: Steve Carr

The platform deserves a better creator. The Evo is definetly a powerhouse in a small package but everything it does could be easily replicated. And better! if Yuneec gave a ****. 6-7 years later theres nothing short of an Inspire that even comes close in terms of making a statement whe the props spin up and it leaves the ground.

Reactions: jcommstudios
The platform deserves a better creator. The Evo is definitely a powerhouse in a small package but everything it does could be easily replicated. And better! if Yuneec gave a ****. 6-7 years later there's nothing short of an Inspire that even comes close in terms of making a statement whe the props spin up and it leaves the ground.
@phoonflyer I agree. If Yuneec would have stayed in the game it could have been a contender. I picked up the H Pro when it first came out and was convinced Yuneec was onto something even with a 1/2 sensor it was far beyond anything out there. Then I picked up and flew the EVO 1 for quite a while which made some great color improvements for a 1/2 inch sensor.
A couple of years ago I picked up the H Plus as it has a 1" sensor like my other video rigs. Still love flying and shooting video with this drone. I imagine I would have picked up a 520 if Yuneec was still a player although a bit expensive. The EVO 2 Pro v3 has mission capabilities and some advanced color science for shooting at night. I'll keep them both.

Last edited:
Reactions: phoonflyer
@phoonflyer I agree. If Yuneec would have stayed in the game it could have been a contender. I picked up the H Pro when it first came out and was convinced Yuneec was onto something even with a 1/2 sensor it was far beyond anything out there. Then I picked up and flew the EVO 1 for quite a while which made some great color improvements for a 1/2 inch sensor.
A couple of years ago I picked up the H Plus as it has a 1" sensor like my other video rigs. Still love flying and shooting video this drone. I imagine I would have picked up a 520 if Yuneec was still a player although a bit expensive. The EVO 2 Pro v3 has mission capabilities and some advanced color science for shooting at night. I'll keep them both.
I have 2 typhoon H plus, I think it's the best with the 360 Camra and the wind resistant, bigger the better I m going to stay with the H plus.
https://www.youtube.com/@steve-and-drones/videos

Reactions: phoonflyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy