Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera/gimbal drifting slowly counterclockwise

Reaction score
Upgraded to latest firmware and took the H out to calibrate and fly.

The camera/gimbal is slowly rotating counterclockwise. I've tried recalibrating the gimbal and removing/rebinding the camera but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!

go on team mode ...move camera around with stick, go back to single ...turn off st16 and TH ...start again and it works

Reactions: DMJpix
I didn't know you could recalibrate the controller itself.

I created a new model and then rebound everything. The camera seems to fail to initialize a lot with this new firmware but I think I got it working now.

Mine did that too, the Pan Mode - Follow did nothing when I expected the camera gimbal to face forward. Instead the camera would slowly drift. I haven't identified the trigger but power cycling the H reset the gimbal and the drifting stopped, Pan Mode - Forward works as it should. I never had this drift issue with the previous firmwares but it seems to be gone now.

Greg

I have a similar problem. Mine, even after a gimbal calibration, doesn't face straight forward. It's off center to the right to about the 1 oclock position. If I use the pan dial to center it, the camera will then slowly drift to the left. If I dial it back to center, then center the pan dial, it then drifts to the right very slowly. So either way I turn it, the gimbal just keeps turning, albeit very slowly. Anyone else with the uncentered camera with drifting? I'm stumped.

The problem is, that when you have the camera pan knob in the center position it is not dead center. ( ST-16 is not calibrated correctly).
If you calibrate the ST-16 properly, it will establish the center position of the knob as zero input.
Calibrating the ST-16 , fixed the same problem I had. Hope this helps.

Reactions: liqrome
I have a similar problem. Mine, even after a gimbal calibration, doesn't face straight forward. It's off center to the right to about the 1 oclock position. If I use the pan dial to center it, the camera will then slowly drift to the left. If I dial it back to center, then center the pan dial, it then drifts to the right very slowly. So either way I turn it, the gimbal just keeps turning, albeit very slowly. Anyone else with the uncentered camera with drifting? I'm stumped.

You need to restart after gimbal calibration. It will be fine after that. Don't fiddle with anything after gimbal is done regardless of where it stopped and just restart the TH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jester
You need to restart after gimbal calibration. It will be fine after that. Don't fiddle with anything after gimbal is done regardless of where it stopped and just restart the TH.

You are correct. That did the job perfectly. In fact, I now realize that it hasn't been right since I bought it, two updates ago. I originally thought the firmware updates caused it. Being a newbie and all, (Don't let the Name Jester fool you. It was the Court Jester version for my humor with a sinister side), I didn't bother to wait and make sure the updates weren't flawed, then realized, as a newbie, reading posts on here, that maybe I should hang back and let more experienced people try out the updates. It turned out to be the ST-16, as you said, but with a total of 8 flights under my pilot belt, I'm still sticking to my, let the veterans beta the updates, because I clearly know not enough to recognize when something's amiss. Thanks again.

Question... if you plan on usually using some sort of ND or polarizer for shooting, would you do a gimbal calibration
with those on the lens? (On the premise that you are matching your flying conditions) Or only use when flying?

Question... if you plan on usually using some sort of ND or polarizer for shooting, would you do a gimbal calibration
with those on the lens? (On the premise that you are matching your flying conditions) Or only use when flying?

The weight of the ND filter has no bearing on gimbal calibration.

You are correct. That did the job perfectly. In fact, I now realize that it hasn't been right since I bought it, two updates ago. I originally thought the firmware updates caused it. Being a newbie and all, (Don't let the Name Jester fool you. It was the Court Jester version for my humor with a sinister side), I didn't bother to wait and make sure the updates weren't flawed, then realized, as a newbie, reading posts on here, that maybe I should hang back and let more experienced people try out the updates. It turned out to be the ST-16, as you said, but with a total of 8 flights under my pilot belt, I'm still sticking to my, let the veterans beta the updates, because I clearly know not enough to recognize when something's amiss. Thanks again.

I did my gimbal calibration with the H on a level table inside - used a leveler to confirm (as I was trying to calibrate it outside but no go). After that power off and back on, it resolved it.

The weight of the ND filter has no bearing on gimbal calibration.

Thanks! Weird, as I proceeded to do the gimbal calibration... then the camera exhibited the exact drift described by the OP.
Went back and did the ST16 calibration. Took a couple of tries and searches on the forum, but now everything is calibrated
but the compass, which I will do onsite.

I did my gimbal calibration with the H on a level table inside - used a leveler to confirm (as I was trying to calibrate it outside but no go). After that power off and back on, it resolved it.

For some reason, the obvious need to restart post calibration on the gimbal is not automatic but every other calibration is. I'm surprised that was not addressed in the update with at least adding dialogue about restarting to the screen that makes you commit to calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My camera keeps pointing to the right, even when Pan knob is centeret.
Will a calibration of the st16 help with this problem ?

5ff9685e39efb1c03ef10bb5d9200876.jpg

I eventually did a test flight last Friday after installing the November firmware upgrade about 3 weeks ago (bad weather prevented testing earlier). I'd already done the accelerometers calibration straight after the update but I'd forgotten to do a gimbal calibration. Anyway, as I set the aircraft up in the field and after a compass calibration I cycled the aircraft but then remembered about the camera calibration so I did that but failed to cycle the aircraft again.

Anyway, I let it sit there for 20 minutes doing it's satellites thing and then took off. But shortly after take off I noticed the camera was in a perpetual pan, turning steadily to the left and there was nothing I could do via the ST16 to stop it. So I landed, cycled the H and took off again. The problem was gone.

You gotta cycle the H after calibrations!

Everything work fine here and all calibrations work.
But camera still pointing slightly to the right.
Is everybody else's camera pointing direct forward ?

Everything work fine here and all calibrations work.
But camera still pointing slightly to the right.
Is everybody else's camera pointing direct forward ?

Look at your K1 values in the hardware monitor. Does it show center and 0 value at center? I'd recalibrate the ST16 if not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop