Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera gimbal is tilted

Reaction score
The up/down works well but the horizon is angled quite a bit. Just started that yesterday. How do I correct that, please?

Thanks.

I had the same problem on my first Tyhphoon G. I realize that you are running the 4K, but I think it's the same problem. I never could get a definitive answer as to why it happens. I tried landing and resetting the quad, but that wouldn't fix the problem. Upon calling Yuneec, they said that they could take a look at it if I sent it in. But ****, I'd only had the thing a week, and I didn't want to send it off for who knows how long, so I just took it back to Best Buy, and exchanged it for another. This one works perfectly. Anyway, here are some things to consider:
  • Always start the quad on a level surface.
  • Try resetting the quad once it starts tilting.
  • Always use the camera lock when transporting.
Wish I could be of more help, but maybe some of the gurus here on the site will chime in...

I did all those things with no improvement. It's been a few days and the batteries are recharged so I'm going to check it tomorrow and see if the problem has gone away. Wish me luck! :)

I fly and record soccer games, Have found that if I fly quickly from side to side, the gamble adjusts to the tilted drone to keep the horizon level.... That is, until the drone stops... then the gimble gets confused as to what is level, and what is not. Seems like if I just accelerate and fly straight for a bit, it helps, but takes a good minute or 2 to level back off. which is an eternity when your battery life is about 17 mins at best....

Just my findings...

After I turned my first one back in to Best Buy and exchanged for another, I put the second one through it's paces. Hard fast turns, quick decels, and fast yaw rates. It hasn't missed a beat. No gimbal tilt at all. If it's tilting, it ain't right. Sadly, Yuneec's only answer is to send the thing back and have them keep it for what would seem like forever. A more proactive approach by them would go a long way in keeping their customers happy....

Reactions: skwty
Also, when I called them on the phone, the tech support guy was polite but most of his answers were, "look it up!" Well, ****, I'm talking to THE PEOPLE which is supposed to be better than looking it up. Some of his answers were vague and only a very small percentage were actually informative. Overall disappointed.

I have also been battling this camera gimbal tilt that seemed to start out of nowhere about 6 months ago. The drone has been returned 3 times under warranty to be "repaired". Yuneec replaced the "gimbal board" in the Typhoon H, however, my latest video shows the camera is actually the issue.

Any luck on your end?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval