Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera/ gimbal tilt issues

Reaction score
I upgraded the firmware to the latest build last week and now I'm having an issue with the camera tilted about 5 degrees to the right. Seeing as you can only calibrate the compass now I'm not sure what to do. The dampers are properly attached and not leaking (will probably do the foam mod soon). I have about 3 weeks left on the warranty and will contact Yuneec Monday. Any ideas?

Any ideas?
The best way to contact them is thru the online chat. Ask them if the gimbal calibration will fix the problem.
You could reset the controller and then reinstall the firmware but it's a pain the first time you do it. I have no clue if that would fix the tilt problem.
If they have no suggestions and ask you to return it, ask about just exchanging the camera.

Reactions: road_rascal
I upgraded the firmware to the latest build last week and now I'm having an issue with the camera tilted about 5 degrees to the right. Seeing as you can only calibrate the compass now I'm not sure what to do. The dampers are properly attached and not leaking (will probably do the foam mod soon). I have about 3 weeks left on the warranty and will contact Yuneec Monday. Any ideas?
Try to go through the warranty first, otherwise, we must try to reseal the firmware of the camera, no need to redo the entire installation.

Reactions: road_rascal
Did a chat session with Yuneec and they emailed me a Return Authorization. I'll reply when I get it back, hopefully not too long.

EDIT: Shipped the unit back to Yuneec today. Holy smokes is shipping expensive- $136 (with 2K insurance) to Kansas City. At least it's a business expense. Yikes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval