Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Settings on Typhoon H

Reaction score
I was reading a thread and if I was understanding correctly it was saying that photo quality goes up when you raise the video quality setting? Is that correct? Or is the only difference between jpg and raw?

If you are in video mode and have the video stopped, you can snap a picture which will be a jpg at the same resolution the video is set for. If you select camera mode then the pic will be captured at the settings for pictures. You can only take pictures in video mode if the resolution is set to higher than 1080p.

If you are in video mode and have the video stopped, you can snap a picture which will be a jpg at the same resolution the video is set for. If you select camera mode then the pic will be captured at the settings for pictures. You can only take pictures in video mode if the resolution is set to higher than 1080p.
Thank you for the reply. In camera mode I only see where I can choose jpg or raw and natural or glamorous. I don't see anyplace where I can change quality settings.

There are some videos that review the ST16 controller, and they are in 3 parts. A fellow named "Tigger" does a very nice job describing what all the features are. I think in "Review 2", he tells how to set the camera for both stills and video. Try YouTube to find the videos and it will give you lots of good info.

Mojoe35

Reactions: AussieCate
does anyone have any descriptions of what the various jpg and video settings do....under each setting there is a photo quality setting with options such as Natural, Gorgeous, Raw, and Night. Whats the benefit to selecting any one of these?

does anyone have any descriptions of what the various jpg and video settings do....under each setting there is a photo quality setting with options such as Natural, Gorgeous, Raw, and Night. Whats the benefit to selecting any one of these?

To put it in the easiest way possible,if you plan on using post production of your photos and videos then use natural or raw,if you just want to shoot video and photos and use the footage without doing any colour enhancements or tweeks then use gorgeous,and night speaks for itself it's for video and photos taken at night in the dark.

Reactions: AussieCate
OK...followup question then...on the main display there are options to put the camera in Auto, Sunny, Sunset/Sunrise, and Night modes too...how is that different from the options on the photo setup screen?

These set the white balance of the camera,so basically point at what you want to shoot ie sky or ground then pick a white balance mode depending on the current weather,sunny day choose sunny, cloudy choose cloudy etc then click the padlock which will lock the White balance of the camera,it stops your videos going light and dark as you move the camera you should always manual white balance before filming as leaving it on auto will make your videos look terrible and change from dark to light and from light to dark as the camera tries to compensate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis