Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Upgrade ???

Reaction score
I accidentally posted this under general discussion, initially. Totally new to this deal. Only have a few flights under my belt so far, but all successful. Really enjoying it. I have a Typhoon H and wondering if there is a camera upgrade available for it. It's not a bad camera, just curious if there is something better, maybe even with zoom. Like I said, new to this and maybe these are just dumb questions, but I'll never know if I don't ask.

Reactions: Mike Irish
The camera is upgraded by upgrading the aircraft... to either the H Plus or the H3. None of the platform cameras can be interchanged... with the single exception between the H Plus and the H520.

However you can upgrade the OEM lens of the CGO3+ with a 3rd party replacement... either the PixAero 3.77 or the Peau 3.97. I would suggest checking both for availability, as well as installation (if you do not want to perform upgrade yourself)... given CoVid19.

Reactions: jcommstudios
I accidentally posted this under general discussion, initially. Totally new to this deal. Only have a few flights under my belt so far, but all successful. Really enjoying it. I have a Typhoon H and wondering if there is a camera upgrade available for it. It's not a bad camera, just curious if there is something better, maybe even with zoom. Like I said, new to this and maybe these are just dumb questions, but I'll never know if I don't ask.
@sdba069 I modded my H480 cgo3 with the Peau 3.97. It is by far superior to the original lens. You will not have zoom but you can get a closer view by shooting in 4K and placing the clip on a 1080 timeline. Here is a test I did shortly after the lens mod. I picked up an EVO about a year ago and shoot it most of the time but still love flying the H480.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi