Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Purchased a Yuneec Q500 five weeks ago but today was the first opportunity I have had to use it. It is my first drone so not experienced at all.

Had a few short flights and really pleased with how it performed, however, I couldn't get the him camera gimbal to work. Do have to have an SD card inserted for it to work. I realise of course you need to if you actually want to take photos or video but should it move without a card inserted. If the answer is yes any ideas what this newbie might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

I can't speak for 100% certainty since I'm not home to try it. However, I do remember that I turned it on once without the card in, and remember seeing an error on my screen about the card not inserted or something. I believe the gimbal worked just fine though. It should automatically level itself once the quad is powered up after a moment. Do you have the model that needs the jumper cable to the main body, or is yours a 4K that uses the hot-shoe setup with no cable?

Does the camera gimbal work when you use it on the steady-grip by chance?

That's a very good question but I have not tried that. Is there any chance that I need to carry out the bind procedure or should it already be set up?

Should be already, but it might not hurt just to try. Also double check that the model is selected right in the controller. I'm wondering if maybe it just didn't get a good connection or something when it was attached, so hopefully being able to narrow it down using the SteadyGrip will lead into a better direction of attack

Remove and reinstall the camera to make sure it is getting power. Does the camera level itself when the Q is turned on? Did you see the image on the screen from the camera?

I forgot my card one day when I was just flying some short training flights and I had to keep clearing the error on the remote. Then again, you really don't want to rely on the screen while flying because of the delay. So in my experience, its best to alway have a card in the camera. There may be a setting in the remote to disable the error message, but I have not seen it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone