Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cameras Repairable?

Reaction score
Just wondering on people's opinions, are these repairable CGO3+ Cameras?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191117-164208.png
    Screenshot_20191117-164208.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20191117-164259.png
    Screenshot_20191117-164259.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20191117-164256.png
    Screenshot_20191117-164256.png
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20191117-164251.png
    Screenshot_20191117-164251.png
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20191117-164245.png
    Screenshot_20191117-164245.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20191117-164237.png
    Screenshot_20191117-164237.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20191117-164216.png
    Screenshot_20191117-164216.png
    1,016 KB · Views: 26
I'm not sure how many cameras are pictured. I see that it is at least three?
I see no damage that is irreparable. At least one has a broken pitch axle, which will likely need to come from a scrap camera.
At least two have connectors ripped from the gimbal board. These will require some micro soldering to reattach the connectors and replace any tracing that has been ripped out beyond recovery. The possibility of electronic damage exists, but my limited experience indicates it is not normally expected. I have repaired about 10, and only one had damage beyond the visible.
The vertical arms might be straighten, but if they can be easily obtained at a reasonable cost, it is certainly preferable.
The damaged plastic would best be replaced.

I doubt if this can be done at a practical cost if performed at a service shop. You can probably replace the cameras for less than the cost of parts and labor. This will need someone local that does this type thing for a hobby.

Too bad you are on the other side of the pond. This looks like a playground full of toys to me.

Last edited:
This gimbal is definately dead. Only some part could be reused.

It's impossible to decide what's going and what not without having it on the table.

This looks like a playground full of toys to me.

Yes, that's true.
From my toys, I got one of four fully working. A second is used without gimbal as "action" cam for Q500 or Typhoon H. A third is used as stand-alone webcam. For this one I have connected the 5V input from the (otherwise unused) micro USB port to the internal 5V supply rail on the WiFi board.

From my experiences, the camera itself often survives but the gimbals are killed during crash.
Gimbal is hard to repair.

br HE

Last edited:
I'm not sure how many cameras are pictured. I see that it is at least three?
I see no damage that is irreparable. At least one has a broken pitch axle, which will likely need to come from a scrap camera.
At least two have connectors ripped from the gimbal board. These will require some micro soldering to reattach the connectors and replace any tracing that has been ripped out beyond recovery. The possibility of electronic damage exists, but my limited experience indicates it is not normally expected. I have repaired about 10, and only one had damage beyond the visible.
The vertical arms might be straitened, but if they can be easily obtained at a reasonable cost, it is certainly preferable.
The damaged plastic would best be replaced.

I doubt if this can be done at a practical cost if performed at a service shop. You can probably replace the cameras for less than the cost of parts and labor. This will need someone local that does this type thing for a hobby.

Too bad you are on the other side of the pond. This looks like a playground full of toys to me.
Is there anything in them which looks salvageable for spares?

This gimbal is definately dead. Only some part could be reused.

It's impossible to decide what's going and what not without having it on the table.

Yes, that's true.
From my toys, I got one of four fully working. A second is used without gimbal as "action" cam for Q500 or Typhoon H. A third is used as stand-alone webcam. For this one I have connected the 5V input from the (otherwise unused) micro USB port to the internal 5V supply rail on the WiFi board.

From my experiences, the camera itself often survives but the gimbals are killed during crash.
Gimbal is hard to repair.

br HE

Is there anything in them which looks salvageable for spares?

There will be a great many salvageable spares. Sensors, motors, circuit boards, wiring harnesses, screws, possibly slip rings. Any unbroken mount parts are currently worth gold. Even things like the lens filter, badging on the sides, will have value to someone. Some items, like the gimbal mount structure, the gimbal enclosures, even the little contact retainer plate in the mount are often hard to find, and would find a home. The video processor board, WiFi board are prizes not to be ignored. The lens sensor board not so much.
The IMU seldom has value unless it's native gimbal board is salvageable.
The Pitch, Roll and Yaw sensors are not so sensitive to calibration as the IMU. They can often be transferred to another camera without issue, especially if they are combined with the original motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
There will be a great many salvageable spares. Sensors, motors, circuit boards, wiring harnesses, screws, possibly slip rings. Any unbroken mount parts are currently worth gold. Even things like the lens filter, badging on the sides, will have value to someone. Some items, like the gimbal mount structure, the gimbal enclosures, even the little contact retainer plate in the mount are often hard to find, and would find a home. The video processor board, WiFi board are prizes not to be ignored. The lens sensor board not so much.
The IMU seldom has value unless it's native gimbal board is salvageable.
The Pitch, Roll and Yaw sensors are not so sensitive to calibration as the IMU. They can often be transferred to another camera without issue, especially if they are combined with the original motor.
I'm going to bid on them, won't do any harm, always good to have some rarer spare parts.

Reactions: WTFDproject
It's tough when you damage the yaw sensor/slip ring. I ripped the gimbal off my H three times due to the nature of my low level flying. Even though I replaced the parts it requires special software to calibrate the gimbal which authorized repair centers have.

The last incident I broke the camera off the base, I was going to buy a new CGO3+ but decided to send it in, I had nothing to lose.

Took Yuneec 3 months and communication was poor but I got my repaIred gimbal back and a bill for $89.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval