Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can’t take a pic or video

Reaction score
i accidentally fried my mother board and got a new one and couldn’t solder the camera wires to the original location so I solder them to the spot next to the original. I get video to the controller but I can’t snap a pic or video. Any ideas what can be wrong?

Download the pdf file in this post
Thread 'Way To Fix Drones project'
Way To Fix Drones project and go to the Q500 Internal Camera Wiring attachment for the best source of information. There are two PWM transistors that controll the pitch (tilt) of the camera and either one can be used, but only one at a time.

As @DoomMeister said, those two are only about Power (ground side) and the signal for camera pitch (tilt). They are not related to snapping a picture/starting video. If the camera powers up and responds to tilt when you move the slider, the wire location is good to go.

The video control (pictures/video) are sent directly to the camera via 5.6GHz WIFI signal. So, we need to figure out why the camera is not responding.
The first is to look at the SD card. An SD card that is bad or is not adequate for the resolution you have selected could be the issue. To check this, try a different SD card and:
Ensure the card is a U3 rating (the number 3 inside a "U")
Format the card in FAT32 and use a small card (32G max. Recommend 16G or smaller).
Ensure video settings are no higher than 1920 x 1080F50 (not 4K).
Ensure Photo Format is set to JPG (not DNG)
Ensure Image Format is set to "Natural" or "Gorgeous" (Not RAW)
These are maybe not the greatest settings for photography, but we aren't trying to take great pictures right now. We just want to know if the SD card is the issue.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Also need to try to determine if it is a camera problem or a controller problem.
1.) Do you get any messages on the controller screen when you try to snap a picture?
2.) Look at the small pinhole led near the upper left of the camera lens. The LED should be solid green when you have a picture on screen. If it is flashing yellow, the camera does not recognize the SD card at all.
3.) The small LED should flash briefly blue when you snap a picture. It should start doing a slow blue flash when you start a recording. If it goes solid blue, that's another SD card clue. If it does not change at all, that's a different clue.
4.) Try a different controller to see if the camera will take pictures. If you don't have a different controller, you can try loading this version of the CG03 APP on an android smartphone. The App may not work on newer Smartphones.

Also need to try to determine if it is a camera problem or a controller problem.
1.) Do you get any messages on the controller screen when you try to snap a picture?
2.) Look at the small pinhole led near the upper left of the camera lens. The LED should be solid green when you have a picture on screen. If it is flashing yellow, the camera does not recognize the SD card at all.
3.) The small LED should flash briefly blue when you snap a picture. It should start doing a slow blue flash when you start a recording. If it goes solid blue, that's another SD card clue. If it does not change at all, that's a different clue.
4.) Try a different controller to see if the camera will take pictures. If you don't have a different controller, you can try loading this version of the CG03 APP on an android smartphone. The App may not work on newer Smartphones.
You can also find earlier versions of the app on APKPure website. The latest version of the app does not work with many Android devices, but earlier versions do work.

Reactions: WTFDproject
As @DoomMeister said, those two are only about Power (ground side) and the signal for camera pitch (tilt). They are not related to snapping a picture/starting video. If the camera powers up and responds to tilt when you move the slider, the wire location is good to go.

The video control (pictures/video) are sent directly to the camera via 5.6GHz WIFI signal. So, we need to figure out why the camera is not responding.
The first is to look at the SD card. An SD card that is bad or is not adequate for the resolution you have selected could be the issue. To check this, try a different SD card and:
Ensure the card is a U3 rating (the number 3 inside a "U")
Format the card in FAT32 and use a small card (32G max. Recommend 16G or smaller).
Ensure video settings are no higher than 1920 x 1080F50 (not 4K).
Ensure Photo Format is set to JPG (not DNG)
Ensure Image Format is set to "Natural" or "Gorgeous" (Not RAW)
These are maybe not the greatest settings for photography, but we aren't trying to take great pictures right now. We just want to know if the SD card is the issue.
Well it was the sd card. I guess when it crashed it screwed up the card. I changed out the card and bam it works. Thanks for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval