Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can i record sound with video in cgo3+ camera with steadygrip?

I want to record small birthday party with steadygrip thats why i need the sound

The underlying self noise is audible on its microphones (the camera has two mics) but not so loud that it masks over normal room ambience, speech, and music. I use mine all the time for pickup shots at community events and if the volume of what you are recording is loud (I'm thinking kids party is raucous affair) then you'll get the singing and screaming just fine. I suppose someone could in post use Izoptope or some other forensic audio app and "clean" out the self noise as it does have an audio consistency that could be phase reversed and canceled.

I also suggest you shoot some stuff and try different environments to gauge for yourself how much this is a problem or not relative to needs of event.

Well guys, I am aware of all this. My iPhone is a good enough audio recorder in most cases, and what I ask for is to use the recording done in app (- why being able to record in the app if not being able to use it for anything), adding it to the video in post. I then avoid bringing my Zoom recorder and all my usual stuff when filming with the Steadygrip. A set up like this image with the Røde mike (not showing the iPhone) is what I find practical - only stopped by the app BUG holding audio recordings internal.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
The underlying self noise is audible on its microphones (the camera has two mics) but not so loud that it masks over normal room ambience, speech, and music. I use mine all the time for pickup shots at community events and if the volume of what you are recording is loud (I'm thinking kids party is raucous affair) then you'll get the singing and screaming just fine. I suppose someone could in post use Izoptope or some other forensic audio app and "clean" out the self noise as it does have an audio consistency that could be phase reversed and canceled.

I also suggest you shoot some stuff and try different environments to gauge for yourself how much this is a problem or not relative to needs of event.

Sorry mate, the underlying fan disturbance is much to load to be of any other value than as guide sound for the editor in post.

Hello again.

I received good support from Yuneec re the audio issue discussed above.

Being a Mac user I was advised to use I-tunes to separate the recording from the app - and that worked well. I have not used or even started I-tunes since iCloud came doing the backups - totally forgot that in the old days files were not available in iPhone other than via i-Tunes - different from todays iPhone with direct access to files outside the apps.

Thanks to Yuneec for the guiding, I now have a workaround until the export button is available in the Audio file section of resources in the CGO app.

Ok, so most commercial editing tools (premiere / fcpx /vegas) have plugins or builtins that handle clip syncing. Fcpx has amazing audio to video syncing. I actually record ALL my sounds on my phone (android) using an app called HIQ MP3 RECORDER : $10...then sync it..

Sorry mate, the underlying fan disturbance is much to load to be of any other value than as guide sound for the editor in post.

Not if it’s an already noisy and confusing content as the fan noise is masked over. My point is of course it’s no good for dialogue and acting but a kids raucous birthday party shouldn’t be a complex post job if it’s for posterity only. The average person won’t care if it looks good and you can hear all the partying and gleeful screaming . They won’t know if it’s internal or just an external ambient sound that was already present at the time nor should they care.

I have used a free program called Audacity to reduce the fan noise in post. First you unlink the audio from the video, save it and load the audio clip into Audacity. Then locate a bit of "clean" fan noise. Then you select Effect-Noise Reduction and sample the unwanted noise sound. Then you use Noise Reduction again to subtract the sample from the audio clip. There are several sliders that effect the outcome. With some experimenting, you can get acceptable (not perfect) results. Then bring the edited and saved audio clip back into the video editor and realign.

I can only repeat that using an external mike to the iPhone and merge sound with video in post is the best option for me. It was a pity that I needed to use the iTunes app on Mac to split the sound out of the phone cgo app, but quality is great if you direct the mike correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval