Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can i record sound with video in cgo3+ camera with steadygrip?

The trouble with the CGO3 camera is it has a fan inside it. The noise from the fan is load enough to be annoying :)

Reactions: Christos
Come è possibile che yuneec non si sia accorta del rumore della ventola? adesso come si può eliminare?

Come è possibile che yuneec non si sia accorta del rumore della ventola? adesso come si può eliminare?

Call Yuneec and tell them about the noise. That seems to be a common complaint. Which country are you?

Lol on my first video I learned the hard way the camera is no good for audio. It sounds like a jet is running in the background. I tried pulling the camera apart ando disconnecting the fan and it helped a lot but then the heats ink overheated in a minute. So the fan has to stay on. The next plan isomething to drill the camera case and pull the microphones out. They are in the inner upper frontal side of the camera. I even thought of cutting the wires and extending it onto the front tip of the steady grip. The dji osmo has a separate mic on the outside.... that's where I got the idea.

This mic issue is a real shame because the camera is amazing, consider recoding audio on a separate device then join the video from the steady grip with the audio from a audio recorder on Adobe premiere

An old discussion, but..

Using the Steadygrip should be great. The app even have an option to record in the phone, but silly enough I have not found a way to extract the sound for use in post. Not sure the phone audio is any better, but would like to test it at least. Any experience here?

If you are wanting to extract the sound no matter how poor it may be you will need to import the Video File into an editing program so that you can see the clip data. Sound is encoded as part of the video and can be extracted with an editing program and most likely that would be on your computer not your phone using an app.

If you are wanting to extract the sound no matter how poor it may be you will need to import the Video File into an editing program so that you can see the clip data. Sound is encoded as part of the video and can be extracted with an editing program and most likely that would be on your computer not your phone using an app.

I think you misunderstand me. This is a comment regarding the APP and the settings.
There is an option to select 2 alternative or combined microphones in the APP. One activate the camera microphone, the other "the microphone" which I assume is the iPhone microphone - which I have experienced it to be(!). Using "the microphone" place a audio file in the APP on the iPhone, different from the camera microphone placing the audio in the video. My question is How do I retrieve the sound track placed in the APP from the iPhone microphone? With reference to the CGO APP: The Pictures captured and loaded on to the APP is possible to move to the Picture database in the iPhone, both one by one, and in batch. The Audio on the other hand only have the option to delete, not export to the iPhone. So again - How can I get access to the audio file recorded in the APP with the iPhone microphone? .So to your comment, I am a pretty experienced video editor and my intention is to use an external microphone on the iPhone to capture better audio and align it to the video in post in my Final Cut Pro X on my Mac.

Lol on my first video I learned the hard way the camera is no good for audio. It sounds like a jet is running in the background. I tried pulling the camera apart ando disconnecting the fan and it helped a lot but then the heats ink overheated in a minute. So the fan has to stay on. The next plan isomething to drill the camera case and pull the microphones out. They are in the inner upper frontal side of the camera. I even thought of cutting the wires and extending it onto the front tip of the steady grip. The dji osmo has a separate mic on the outside.... that's where I got the idea.

This mic issue is a real shame because the camera is amazing, consider recoding audio on a separate device then join the video from the steady grip with the audio from a audio recorder on Adobe premiere

Tv and film has been doing it for years. Even a lot of the Youtubers have a separate mic for audio. Keeps the sound uniform and level across the entire length of video.

The solution is to use separate audio and sync in post. The entire point of the "clapper" you see in production is to
give a single reference point for image and audio synchronization.

The solution is to use separate audio and sync in post. The entire point of the "clapper" you see in production is to
give a single reference point for image and audio synchronization.

The poor-man's method to sync is to clap your hands in front of the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval