Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can we use a different Antenna anyone tried moding this?

Reaction score
It does sound dumb, but I thought it was worth chatting about. The Breeze 4K has two cheesy pieces of copper or brass strips in the legs. I am sure that they have been trimmed and fine tuned to work with the quad. But this kind of makes me want to try and see if it is possible to hook up other ones. Any one try this that isn't faint of heart? I have one of my Breeze apart for body repair and have completely unhooked the attenas so I need more information on what kind of specs are already out there. I used to work on digital controllers and have substituted other part's and researched what may or may not replace a manufactur's oem part. But I am out of my league when it comes to matching up attenas to electronics that uses them.

Since you have it that far apart, would you mind taking some photos and posting them. I am curious how the antenna wires are attached at the internal WiFi board. It would be nice to get an external 5.8GHz antenna to get a better video feed.

Last edited:
It does sound dumb, but I thought it was worth chatting about. The Breeze 4K has two cheesy pieces of copper or brass strips in the legs. I am sure that they have been trimmed and fine tuned to work with the quad. But this kind of makes me want to try and see if it is possible to hook up other ones. Any one try this that isn't faint of heart? I have one of my Breeze apart for body repair and have completely unhooked the attenas so I need more information on what kind of specs are already out there. I used to work on digital controllers and have substituted other part's and researched what may or may not replace a manufactur's oem part. But I am out of my league when it comes to matching up attenas to electronics that uses them.

Yea the science behind antennas gain, radiation pattern, impedance, bandwidth, resonant frequency and polarization and tuning etc is a science onto itself. I have made a few dipole, dicone and yagis back in the day tracking ADS B 1090Mhz aircraft and Marine VHF AIS but the science and testing is really beyond me... But see if there are any trial and error folks out there :D

PS i would mind it dangling, so long as not in field of view of camera.
MFG_1462200x00.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at some videos on designing antennas for RC planes and one was to have a dual antenna set up like the one I posted can be good design, I might try and see if I can work on one for my own curiosity sake. Seen some DIY for antenna building for the RC airplane out there :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digicrusader