Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CasePro hard case from SkyBoss Drones

Hmmmm.
May have to rethink buying foam for my Husky case. That thing holds all the stuff I carry. Does the foam support the bottom of the H, or does it sit on the landing skids?

Thanks for the feedback. We work closely with Casepro and will speak to their designers about the gimbal foam you spoke about. They really welcome the feedback from customers and strive to make the best cases out there, not just throw a piece of foam in a box. We are really selling a lot of these cases and everyone seems to like them.
Well you should find a way to test it, to prove the difference between the original and your's...you could carry out an FEA for example.
I guess you don't want a bunch of your costumers coming back in 6 months all claiming their gimbals have broken away.
At least if you did an FEA you would be on a position to give a usage warning to those already sold pending supply of an additional insert / or replacement foam, or else, you would be satisfying yourselves that it's good up x cyclic loads of normal slinging around, or x max force applied.
I do agree though with this exception your foam looks like the best design I've see so far.
I was requested today by Casepro for my phone number by email, which I did reply with, but nobody has called me.
(I used to assist with mountain pack sign many moons ago and I'm involved now in quality assurance in mechanical engineering....let me know if you want any further pointers on design or to bump any ideas by me).

Last edited:
SkyBoss
The Yuneec foam case that comes with the H is constructed so that the bottom of the aircraft and gimbal are fully supported, the landing gear are off the bottom. The landing skids are not really designed to take all the shock they would have to handle during transportation. If that feature is added to the case you would have a real winner.

Reactions: banned user
I was just looking at my new case and I think building a support piece to slide in under the body to support the gimbal and the main body will not be hard to do. When my gimbal gets back I will make something up. I think the problem with the manufactures doing this is that the dimensions for the advanced and the pro with realsense will be different so you would need 2 different case inserts. Wish I could find some foam to match the foam that comes in the case.

I was just looking at my new case and I think building a support piece to slide in under the body to support the gimbal and the main body will not be hard to do. When my gimbal gets back I will make something up. I think the problem with the manufactures doing this is that the dimensions for the advanced and the pro with realsense will be different so you would need 2 different case inserts. Wish I could find some foam to match the foam that comes in the case.
hi brandon

the way it looks to me is theres no differance ... the real sence seems to fit arond the bottom of the sonar sensors
leaving the camera at the same hight will know more hopefully next week when my pro version arrives in the uk

Attachments

• Yuneec-Typhoon-H-Intel-Real-Sense-Modul-Ersatzt_1.jpg
    Yuneec-Typhoon-H-Intel-Real-Sense-Modul-Ersatzt_1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 6
I am working on cutting foam for my case, trying to get up around the gimbal and the aircraft is a real PITA.
I was considering using the original foam to make a plug for a mould. To line the original with plastic like a plastic bag, and fill it with spray foam. Then cut out the gimbal area wrap that in plastic, and put it into a box just bigger than the gimbal and fill that with spray foam, which should give a close replica of the original fitting. Until I find a suitable box case I'm waiting...maybe you could try this?

I was considering using the original foam to make a plug for a mould. To line the original with plastic like a plastic bag, and fill it with spray foam. Then cut out the gimbal area wrap that in plastic, and put it into a box just bigger than the gimbal and fill that with spray foam, which should give a close replica of the original fitting. Until I find a suitable box case I'm waiting...maybe you could try this?
I may try that.

I may try that.
Thinking about it for a second longer, it would be easier to just put the gimbal or even the full H into a box wrapped in plastic and fill that with spray foam. Then cut the foam in half to get the parts out and just glue them back together.

Excellent idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using 1/8" thick foam sheets, I am attempting to build up the H/Gimbal area from the bottom as opposed to the top down. It is slow and a pain in the rear.
never thought about making a mold from the original case, that may work. Just need the bottom of the airframe and the gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430