Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CBS Criminal Minds

Reaction score
Did anyone else see yesterdays episode of CBS Criminal Minds (S13|E4) "Killer App"?

It was about a company that used what appeared like a bunch of Typhoon H drones fitted with an automatic weapon to target gamers & game developers. Very disturbing in todays climate especially after the mass shooting in Las Vegas near where I live. I cannot imagine Yuneec providing those drones to the movie producers knowing full well what the content of the episode would be. I am just a sport pilot who enjoys the pure pleasure of RC flying and I know most of you are professional photographers who see the product as a tool of your trade. With all the misinformation out there by bureaucrats and the uninformed, this kind of thing only makes it worse for those of us who have an investment in the Typhoon H. Very sad...

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I saw it last night and had the same thoughts, not a great show to be viewed with all the unrest in the world. Very bad decision by CBS to air the show.

Ya' know, I like the program in general but the content is very disturbing when you consider there are people out there who actually behave like that. I am one who generally maintains a low profile, respects the 1st amendment, the rights of others, & takes responsibility for my own behavior. Not patting myself on the back but am truly amazed at the crazy people out there and the movie/TV/video game industries that put this stuff out there with no consideration of the potential consequences. It is not my intention by any means to politicize this excellent Yuneec Pilots forum. I just make the correlation between what I just saw on TV last night and the Typhoon H that I own. Thank you for your indulgence.

From the lyrics of the song by the one-hit-wonder band Four Jacks & a Jill "It's a strange, strange world Master Jack"

Fiction, in a world where TMZ is considered to be "reporting news"... o_O

Friends, please consider the following:

The communicator is a fictional device used for voice communication in the fictional universe of Star Trek. As seen in at least two instances, the Original Series episodes "Tomorrow Is Yesterday" and "Day of the Dove," first seen in the 1964 pilot "The Cage" through the vision of Gene Rodenberry.

So out of this fictional device we get the cell phone - a great communications device - BUT...

From Baghdad to Madrid, bombs triggered by mobile phones have become as ubiquitous in the terrorist's arsenal as cell phones in the pockets of businessmen. "It's not rocket science," says John Pike of Globalsecurity.org, a Washington think tank. "Cell-phone detonators are pretty straightforward tradecraft."

MY ONLY POINT WAS THAT WHAT WE SEE ON TELEVISION CAN TRIGGER BAD PEOPLE TO DO BAD THINGS. OUR HOBBY/INDUSTRY WHICH HAS A GREAT PURPOSE, GREAT SAFETY RECORD AND FOLLOWING DOESN'T NEED THIS KIND OF BAD PUBLICITY ATTACHED TO IT. I WANT TO FLY MY TYPHOON H FOR PLEASURE AS MANY OF YOU USE YOUR H FOR LEGITIMATE BUSINESS WITHOUT BEING TAGGED AS SOMEONE WHO COULD USE IT TO HARM OTHERS INTENTIONALLY.

The product is great for business or pleasure use, this forum is outstanding and I am grateful for its content.

Remove all the shows with violence or something like drones firing guns and what is left. Oprah and The View.

Guess we have nothing to watch since Oprah & The View are rhetorical violence... o_O

Give me Innovation Nation from the Henry Ford Museum on Saturday morning before I go out to fly :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig