Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC Question

I think your idea of a two point CCC route (and sadly multiple routes) is best. It should stop at exactly the end and beginning (when run in reverse) to allow you to take a good pic, with the camera in the same orientation each time.

Reactions: TurboDad81
That's actually what I've been doing with this project. So far, so good. Getting ready to head there now and get another round of photos.

Hello Just saw this post and here is my opinion...

I have played a lot with time lapse photography and I think you are using the wrong “toys” to do a simple job

You have a drone and want to use it to do a simple time lapse...

it is a lot of work and you are not going to get satisfactory results with the “Toys” you want to use.

Forget the Drone..too much work and not going to get great photos,

My suggestion is to purchase the following USED equipment tools

Canon EOS 30D
https://www.adorama.com/us 1119178.html

$89
Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote Control for many EOS Digital Cameras
https://www.adorama.com/us 1100072.html

$70
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
https://www.adorama.com/us 1111161.html

$79
Total
$250 PLUS SHIPPING ESTIMATED

Since it is a large area, I would find a tree stand and make a photo platform from 2x4s and then get a plastic storage container from a major Walmart or Big Box store. Put the 30D with the TC80 in it , make a hole and hot glue a clear Plexi Glass panel to shoot thru. Place this in view of the construction site with the sun at the back of camera. Drill and hot glue some holes for ventilation and bug control. Aim the camera at your desired focal point ant set the time lapse at 5 minute intervals.

You don't have to be at the site 24/7 just set the 8 or so hours a day the construction is being done. Just be there at the start of the day and at the end of the day to shut off the camera and remove the SD card and save the images to your computer.

In our area, it usually takes 4-12 weeks to excavate, do the foundation, and frame and side a 3200 SQ FT home.After that it takes weeks to wire,plumb,wall board, and trim a home. No outside visual interest, so no need to film progress. after that you can film the final landscaping.

I use Photodex ProShow Producer to render time lapse shows

A time lapse this way is easier and all you have to do is show up twice a day to collect the frames and down load to your computer.

If needed I can further elaborated the procedures.

R

Hello Just saw this post and here is my opinion...

I have played a lot with time lapse photography and I think you are using the wrong “toys” to do a simple job

You have a drone and want to use it to do a simple time lapse...

it is a lot of work and you are not going to get satisfactory results with the “Toys” you want to use.

Forget the Drone..too much work and not going to get great photos,

My suggestion is to purchase the following USED equipment tools

Canon EOS 30D
https://www.adorama.com/us 1119178.html

$89
Canon TC-80N3 Timer Remote Control for many EOS Digital Cameras
https://www.adorama.com/us 1100072.html

$70
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
https://www.adorama.com/us 1111161.html

$79
Total
$250 PLUS SHIPPING ESTIMATED

Since it is a large area, I would find a tree stand and make a photo platform from 2x4s and then get a plastic storage container from a major Walmart or Big Box store. Put the 30D with the TC80 in it , make a hole and hot glue a clear Plexi Glass panel to shoot thru. Place this in view of the construction site with the sun at the back of camera. Drill and hot glue some holes for ventilation and bug control. Aim the camera at your desired focal point ant set the time lapse at 5 minute intervals.

You don't have to be at the site 24/7 just set the 8 or so hours a day the construction is being done. Just be there at the start of the day and at the end of the day to shut off the camera and remove the SD card and save the images to your computer.

In our area, it usually takes 4-12 weeks to excavate, do the foundation, and frame and side a 3200 SQ FT home.After that it takes weeks to wire,plumb,wall board, and trim a home. No outside visual interest, so no need to film progress. after that you can film the final landscaping.

I use Photodex ProShow Producer to render time lapse shows

A time lapse this way is easier and all you have to do is show up twice a day to collect the frames and down load to your computer.

If needed I can further elaborated the procedures.

R

This is a piece called stacking
as a photographer to another.. Nothing is impossible, you just need an idea, and approach.

Reactions: rdonson and AH-1G
Sorry if this has been discussed. I have searched all over and can't find the info I'm looking for.

A friend of mine is having a house built and I offered to take time lapse photos of the construction. Am I able to make the CCC take a photo at each waypoint? Or do I have to record a video and take frames from each angle that I want?

I'm sure someone will ask, so... Yes, I have a 107. And yes, this has been discussed with the contractor.

How are you doing, Turbo?

Getting to this party late; sorry I missed the fun.

I have been doing something similar this winter. I used video instead of stills, I tweaked a UAV Toolbox mission to give me two passes of a cabin build, differing the height and radius for each pass. The toolbox was great, letting me set the height, camera direction and angle for each waypoint.

When I got smart(er) I changed my editing style to focus on the same four or five perspectives, using 3-5 second clips of each.

This was with the H480, in case anyone reading didn’t catch the UAV Toolbox reference, which as of this writing supports only the H480.

Had I wanted to capture stills, as your project is depicting, I am confident I would have been able to use my H520. It stops and snaps an image at each waypoint, if programmed to do so.

The point of my post? Only one of those “right tool for the job” comments.

Not intending anything derogatory towards this thread, but rather highlighting differences in equipment for different needs, for anyone stumbling on this thread later on and wondering “how could this task have been accomplished differently than described, as relating to the use of the H Plus.

Hopefully your client will let you share the final product of your efforts!

Hope all is going well.

Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33