Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ signal loss after first connection

Reaction score
Hello,
I face a strange issue both with ST16 and the Actioncam : as soon as the Wifi is available, the ST16 or my Android App connects to it and I have the liveview. However, after 1-2 minutes I always loose the signal, just as if the CG03+ was rebooting.
After a second connection, I keep the signal and everything goes fine.

I checked Firmware version which is 3.2.34 and seems to be the latest.

Is this an know issue?
It quite anoying as I know the camera is not usable for the first 5 minutes and will have to wait for the 2nd connection...

Thanks,

Do you have an EU version of the H or a standard USA version? That is to say, What version of firmware are you using...EU or Standard?

Does the video drop out when you raise the landing gear?

The firmware is 3.2.34 (E) so I guess it is EU version? I got it from Amazon France.
I haven't noticed any link with the landing gear.

The firmware is 3.2.34 (E) so I guess it is EU version? I got it from Amazon France.
I haven't noticed any link with the landing gear.
Units with the EU firmware can sometimes have an issue with the video feed dropping out on occasion, more often coinciding with the raising of the landing gear. When this happens, the unit reboots the video feed and this usually takes a minute or so. Once connected again, the video connection remains solid for the rest of the flight. I have this problem with my unit and has been so since I took delivery of it in early June 2016. Doesn't happen on every flight but enough times for it to be a bit annoying. To date, no-one has come up with a solution and seems only to effect units with the EU Firmware. Some pilots have installed the standard (USA) firmware but beware, using the standard firmware is illegal in Europe and can generate other issues since the EU firmware is 'channel hoping' where, I believe, the standard firmware isn't.

The fact that you haven't seen a link with the landing gear is interesting since most people who have experienced this issue usually do, so it may be an idea to create a new camera profile and bind to that to see if it helps. Use the search facility in this forum (magnifying glass top right of the screen) to find out how.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I'll pay more attention on my next flights to see if there is a link with the landing gears. But the fact that I faced the same problem with the Actioncam makes me thing there is no link.
But as you mentioned, it is clear that once connected the 2nd time, I do not loose the signal anymore.

Can the switch from EU to USA firmware be reverted? (just to give a try and see if that helps...).

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I'll pay more attention on my next flights to see if there is a link with the landing gears. But the fact that I faced the same problem with the Actioncam makes me thing there is no link.
But as you mentioned, it is clear that once connected the 2nd time, I do not loose the signal anymore.

Can the switch from EU to USA firmware be reverted? (just to give a try and see if that helps...).

I use the French Android program for actioncam. App by Methodus.
Takes a while to connect but pretty stable.

Also able to get the cam settings for sharpness etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777