Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 5.8ghz Video downlink

Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to use a 5.8ghz receiver (like the Eachine 5.8 ER32 receiver) to monitor the video of the Typhoon H. I couldn't get it to work/display. I cycled through all 32 frequencies...nothing.

Does this mean you can only view the signal via WiFi using the mobile CGO app?

Edit: Perhaps this explains why their FPV Goggle uses HDMI connection?

Last edited:
Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to use a 5.8ghz receiver (like the Eachine 5.8 ER32 receiver) to monitor the video of the Typhoon H. I couldn't get it to work/display. I cycled through all 32 frequencies...nothing.

Does this mean you can only view the signal via WiFi using the mobile CGO app?

Edit: Perhaps this explains why their FPV Goggle uses HDMI connection?
I am far from being an expert in these matters but I think you will find that receivers such as Eachine 5.8 ER32 receiver are analogue receivers whereas the CGO3+ uses digital WIFI protocols. Even though they are in the same frequency band, neither the twain shall meet:(

So, yes, you need a WIFI connection into the CGO app.

Reactions: Rayray
Just confirming what Dilly Joat said.
This is digital video signal, probably sent through some weird, Yuneec-specific protocol. You can't recieve this video signal through non-yuneec gear.

Most of your typical goggles and FPV monitors are woriking with straightforward analog video signal.

Reactions: ebi718
There's no Yuneec-specific protocol at use on the 5.8GHz WiFi link. It's a standard WiFi connection, which uses standard TCP/IP protocols, and can be monitored using any standard RTSP-capable streaming video decoder, which one can view and even control via a plethora of non Yuneec specific gear.

There's no Yuneec-specific protocol at use on the 5.8GHz WiFi link. It's a standard WiFi connection, which uses standard TCP/IP protocols, and can be monitored using any standard RTSP-capable streaming video decoder, which one can view and even control via a plethora of non Yuneec specific gear.
So if I get two directional antennas, hook them up to a 5.8g wifi diversity style and do ad hoc between the CGO3 and hotspot I can view the video on VLC?

So if I get two directional antennas, hook them up to a 5.8g wifi diversity style and do ad hoc between the CGO3 and hotspot I can view the video on VLC?
I’m not sure what you are running VLC on, but using my laptop I found VLC to be difficult to setup for the CGO3+ and a bit laggy when it was connected.

Using my iPhone I have used IPCams to view the video feed from the CGO3+. Of course using the CGO app from Yuneec you can control taking video or photos.

The CGO3 is the hotspot. The device where VLC is running needs to be connected to the SSID of the CGO3 'network'. Disconnect other networks (home network) before. SSID is somthing starting with CGO3 and a unique number.
CGO3P_WiFi.png
Once the device is included into the CGO3's netword open VLC > Media > Network and enter:
rtsp://192.168.42.1/live
as address for streaming.
CGO3_vlc.png

Now you will get the video stream from the CGO3 (CGO3+ as well).

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech