Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ camera mount on RC?

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm wondering if anyone has had success with mounting the CGO3+ camera on a different vehicle. I'm attempting an RC crawler build for inspection purposes (small areas) and would like to repurpose this camera from one of the H drones that was crashed and trashed. I'd love to be able to use the ST16 control station to control the camera as well as the vehicle (not sure if that is going to be an option as I can't find much info on the controller) but wondering if anyone has had success in doing so? We were able to salvage the camera and gimbal, but not sure what I would need for 'parts' to connect the camera to in order to obtain power and broadcast the video signal back to the controller. Is there such thing as an exploded view of the Typhoon H to figure out where all the controllers and parts go? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Well it is inexpensive and contains the instruments you need for tilt and stabilization. You will not have pan capability. It runs on 12VDC and many adapt the power to a 3S LiPo instead of 8 AA NiMH rechargeables. At $30 you can deconstruct and adapt it to your project in a way that suits you best.

Let us know how this project works out. It sounds interesting.

I ended up throwing in the towel on this project and found a pan/tilt setup to mount a small FPV camera to that connects to my phone via wi-fi. It does the same thing but a much easier setup to work on and control. Learning a lot about the RC world in the process. Fun hobby!

I'm going to keep playing with this. I posted this a little while ago in an off topic thread, but here is a brief, crappy video of me controlling a modified toy car with the ST16. My specific plan for this toy was to add a small fpv camera, a yuneec MK58 video transmitter from a Typhoon G, and controlling it from an ST10, but I didn't have the right connectors on hand so it is on hold for a bit.

Reactions: Dcane6
I installed the MK58 module, a small camera, and made some minor modifications to the code to be able to control it with the ST10. I also replaced the plastic truck body with metal.

Here is a couple more, not great videos:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval