Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Flashing green light [HELP]

Reaction score
Had a crash and repaired the CGO3 case and roll encoder. I think I still have a bent vertical arm but camera is working and showing up on ST16, but get a message on top of screen "FAILED TO INITIALIZE" . Only issue right now is the indicator or status light on camera is blinking green. ST16 shows all is connected aircraft and camera, but green status light still blinks. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Might be worth checking all the wiring again and the black wires too, make sure nothing is damaged. Sometimes a wire gets misplaced. A crash could of damaged something else in the camera.

I can tell you from recent experience that Vertigo Drones sells the vertical arm for about $75.

I toyed with trying to install it myself and - well - my hands are too big and unsteady (which might explain MY crash) to be fumbling about with tiny bits, so I sent it to this guy...and he repaired it quickly and for less than the advertised price for his comprehensive overhaul.

....camera is working and showing up on ST16, but get a message on top of screen "FAILED TO INITIALIZE" . Only issue right now is the indicator or status light on camera is blinking green. ST16 shows all is connected aircraft and camera, but green status light still blinks. Any help would be greatly appreciated
The green LED blinking means the Camera WiFi is initialized, and is ready to bind to the controller.

When you say "camera is showing up on ST16";
Do you mean you have a picture on screen?
Do you mean the camera ID is showing up in white letters on the bind screen?

First thoughts, without more information, would be;
1.) You may need to redo the camera bind sequence. (If you have camera ID but no picture)
2.) The camera antenna is not properly connected to the camera WiFi board.
3) The antenna connector on the WiFi board is damaged.
4.) The antenna itself is damaged.
5.) Camera WiFi board has other damage.

Thanks for your comments. Boy what a newbe, All I had to do was put a micro SD card in camera and the light went solid green. All is good now. Just a FYI, I installed the encoder myself and did not have to send in for calibration its working fine. Must have got lucky. Thanks again all

Just a FYI, I installed the encoder myself and did not have to send in for calibration its working fine. Must have got lucky. Thanks again all

For what it's worth, you can almost always replace the encoders without a new calibration. (It is the IMU/Gimbal control board that requires sending for calibration.) On some rare instances, the encoders will give an issue. On those rare occasions, I just try a different encoder. "Knock on Wood", that has worked so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval