Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ gimbal board

Reaction score
I purchased a CGO3+ from a friend who crashed his drone. The camera wasn't working properly so he sold the drone to someone and me the camera and gimbal. Before anyone goes crazy, I only paid 40 bucks for this thing.
I opened it up and found the gimbal board has some damage. I have the tools to look at it and diagnose it but not to repair it. It needs some micro soldering work. Does anyone on here know of anyone that can make this type of repair.
If I replace the board, it will have to be calibrated and Yuneec's stubborn ways of repair to these gimbals are ridiculous. Yuneec won't release the software needed to do this type of repair. They want you to mail it to them for the calibration at an extremely high cost. If I do this, I will have more in the repairs than if I purchase a used one. Any help is appreciated.
I included some pictures of the piece in need of repair.

Thanks!

Attachments

• yuneec_cgo3_plus_s2_board_back_vertigo_drones.jpg
    yuneec_cgo3_plus_s2_board_back_vertigo_drones.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 35
  • WIN_20200509_16_00_02_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200509_16_00_02_Pro.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 38
  • WIN_20200509_16_14_41_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200509_16_14_41_Pro.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 32
  • WIN_20200509_16_02_42_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200509_16_02_42_Pro.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 34
I purchased a CGO3+ from a friend who crashed his drone. The camera wasn't working properly so he sold the drone to someone and me the camera and gimbal. Before anyone goes crazy, I only paid 40 bucks for this thing.
I opened it up and found the gimbal board has some damage. I have the tools to look at it and diagnose it but not to repair it. It needs some micro soldering work. Does anyone on here know of anyone that can make this type of repair.
If I replace the board, it will have to be calibrated and Yuneec's stubborn ways of repair to these gimbals are ridiculous. Yuneec won't release the software needed to do this type of repair. They want you to mail it to them for the calibration at an extremely high cost. If I do this, I will have more in the repairs than if I purchase a used one. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Have a conversation with @WTFDproject & @Yuneec Skins

Just for the record, the pictures you included are mirror images. 'bout went cross-eyed trying to figure out what was there.;) The pictures below are re-mirrored and rotated for a consistent view.

On a serious note, I doubt that board is recoverable. The main component that blew up was originally two coils. One carried ALL the power to the camera, the other ALL the ground. The one in the picture is what's left of the ground coil. And there is another component that seems to be completely missing (marked on the picture below).

The power surge necessary to cause that much damage would have been appreciable, and these boards do not tolerate surges well at all. It is almost certain there are other damaged components. It is also likely the slip ring was damaged.

It might be best to consider this unit as spare parts.

Reply.jpg

Thanks!
If you are in States you can send the camera to me and I will replace those parts but if there are other damages I can't say for sure it will be a success. I have all the equipment needed.

That is exactly what is broken. I found a lady in the UK that says she can fix it for 69 dollars + shipping. I was hoping to find someone in the states. I am sure it was a power surge that did this. The guy I got it from was playing around with it and knows nothing about them. All else fails, as you said, I can use it for parts.

WAIT*** After looking at your pictures a little closer I see that is not the broken part. In this picture below, it is the part with the black circle around it. I put a red X over the two fuses. The fuses look fine. I ohm over them and both checked OK.yuneec_cgo3_plus_s2_board_back_vertigo_drones.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Cabinfourus,
I think that I have seen a thread with a bloke on eBay that will repair the cgo3+ for a set fee and he is in the US. It is in some threads in the last 4 months about cameras. I hope that can help you. Johnno Hennessy. Keep Flying on the GREEN SIDE of the GRASS.

Reactions: cabinfourus
Hi Cabinfourus,
I think that I have seen a thread with a bloke on eBay that will repair the cgo3+ for a set fee and he is in the US. It is in some threads in the last 4 months about cameras. I hope that can help you. Johnno Hennessy. Keep Flying on the GREEN SIDE of the GRASS.

Reactions: cabinfourus
I wanted to update this post.
I was able to solder one of these I found from an old cgo2 board I had lying around for parts. The part is called a common mode choke. This was a looooong project but I was able to repair the camera board and am using it once again. It is called a common mode choke.
Common mode choke coils are used to suppress electrical common-mode noise. This type of coil is produced by winding the signal or supply wires around a ferrite core. Since magnetic flux flows inside the ferrite core, these choke coils work as an inductor against the common-mode current. Hillbilly English- this thang nocks out da bad stuff.
It's amazing how much you learn from repairing these things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval