Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 gimbal problems

Reaction score
Does anyone have a breakdown or manual of the CGO3 camera. I tried to take out a tree and although the camera powers on and seems OK that way, the gimbal is not working. It does not tilt up or down or dampen out any movement.

I can hear the fans running, but no gimbalization.

IF there is any visible damage, please describe it. Especially describe the LED lights you see (or if you don't see any), and any beeps you hear. If you can provide a video, that is really helpful.

Unless you can provide additional information, I would speculate that the camera behavior you described suggests the accident did NOT rip out the 3 black wires that are the common crash result associated with this camera. That's actually bad news. It means the issue is deeper than most.

However, if any/all of the three black wires are pulled loose, you can try powering up the camera with the pigtail that came in your kit. The pigtail was provided as a backup in case the three black "hot shoe" wires get pulled out clean. Just be sure the remains of the wires are not in contact with each other or anything else. Look closely (tough without pulling the top off the board) to see if any of the board tracing got ripped out and can make contact with anything else.
Again, if all 3 wires are intact, installing the pigtail isn't likely to help. They do the same thing.

I really hope someone else can provide some schematics or a good manual. I've looked before. Yuneec seems to keep the real technical information pretty "close to the chest". You can't blame them much, it's the keys to their business.

Last edited:
I see no damage to the camera at all. It did have two of the rubber dampeners pulled out and I reseated them.

It has always been connected via the pigtail so I don't know if the three wires were ever connected. I did try with the second pigtail that came with the drone, but they both seem to operate the same.

When I power on, I get the following LED sequence
Quick White,
Long Red
Quick White and cooling fan starts,
Red
Green blinking

The camera never calibrates and I don't hear any other motors besides the fan.

The quick white, long red, etc. sound like the LED on the camera itself. They seem normal.
Look at the gimbal itself, you should see at least a blue light (probably be able to see blue/green alternating), followed by green flashing in the gimbal, in addition to the green flashing in the camera.

Last edited:
I am assuming you have the BLACK CGo3 that came on the Q500. If you have a WHITE CGo3 that came on CHROMA, The first sequence is only steady blue, then green steady, then green flashing. And the three black wires don't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fluxlife
Do you see any lights at all in the gimbal area?

Also, forgive my delays. The forum isn't working right tonight on my machine. I have to close it down and restart it to see new messages. Your last one didn't show up even then. I had to come back to the thread to see that you had replied. I'll shut it down and come back to the thread every few minutes.

Last edited:
IF any lights at all are showing on the gimbal board, you might want to try the "45 degree" trick. Tilt the drone back so it's standing on it's rear motors, and the rear tips of the landing gear. Get the camera lined up with the drone, then turn the drone on. This sometimes works if the gimbal is "slightly out of calibration". You can also try tilting it back to 90 degrees, and other positions. Pretty low probability of success, but it's worth a try. Very low probability if no gimbal lights are showing at all.

I will try when I get home this afternoon and let you know. Can I also try this with the hand grip?

Yes. It also works with the handgrip if you can hold it very steady.

And I had the problem with the Forum. I just happened to change pages, and the notification showed up. I will be working outside most of today. I'll check the forum when I come in.

What time zone are you in? I'm east coast USA (Eastern Standard Time).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval