Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Lens Replacement

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought the PixAero 3.77mm lens and I intend to replace it with the stock lens as I scratched it and it shows in the footage. I'm just wondering if anyone knows for what should I look for and be careful about when replacing the lens?

YUN00009.jpg

Hi, I recently bought the PixAero 3.77mm lens and I intend to replace it with the stock lens as I scratched it and it shows in the footage. I'm just wondering if anyone knows for what should I look for and be careful about when replacing the lens?

View attachment 17861
There's some YT vids on how to do this

Be careful removing the old lens, people have ruined the sensor being over zealous, some good image results have been posted on here.

The most critical part is as stated before removing the old lens. The old lens ist screwed and glued to the circuit board. In order to losen it you will first have to unscreq it and then use aceton to soften glue. When the glue is soft try to remove as much as possible. After that the lens comes of with barely any force. During the whole process take great care on not to damage the flex wire.

Reactions: Andrazon
The most critical part is as stated before removing the old lens. The old lens ist screwed and glued to the circuit board. In order to losen it you will first have to unscreq it and then use aceton to soften glue. When the glue is soft try to remove as much as possible. After that the lens comes of with barely any force. During the whole process take great care on not to damage the flex wire.

I removed the flex wire and got the lens part away from the gimbal, so that is no issue :)

Man that’s a bummer, I’ve been considering replacing my stock cgo3+ lens with the pixaero

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt