Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am currently in the market for another cgo3+ for one of my drones. A guy has one for sale (refurbished) and says it is not the + model but is for the TH model. How true is this? I thought only the + camera came with the TH. If anyone has a + for sale I would be interested.

The CGO3 can be used with the Typhoon H, but you lose the 360 degree panning with the camera. The CGO3 comes standard on the Q500 series.

You are correct that theTH comes with the CGO3+. It has the three axis gimbal to allow for unlimited panning.

Last edited:
Reactions: cabinfourus
I am currently in the market for another cgo3+ for one of my drones. A guy has one for sale (refurbished) and says it is not the + model but is for the TH model. How true is this? I thought only the + camera came with the TH. If anyone has a + for sale I would be interested.

I have a CGO3+ that I was considering putting on eBay. Your post motivated me. If you would like, I can send you photos and a link.
Robert

I have a CGO3+ that I was considering putting on eBay. Your post motivated me. If you would like, I can send you photos and a link.
Robert
That would be great. Are you selling it for a set price or are you running an auction? I have a ton of parts I am thinking of listing also. I have TH arms with motors, several mainboards, flight controllers, etc.

The CGO3 can be used with the Typhoon H, but you lose the 360 degree panning with the camera. The CGO3 comes standard on the Q500 series.

You are correct that theTH comes with the CGO3+. It has the three axis gimbal to allow for unlimited panning.
One problem I have run into with using a cgo3 on the TH is I cannot do firmware updates. Only the + models can do this.

One problem I have run into with using a cgo3 on the TH is I cannot do firmware updates. Only the + models can do this.
It cannot be done through the camera as the CGO3 does not have the TX wire found in the CGO3+, but the TH GUI can be used.

The video feed from the CGO3 is only 640p and does not work well with the ST16 as it expects 720p that the CGO3+ broadcasts.

It cannot be done through the camera as the CGO3 does not have the TX wire found in the CGO3+, but the TH GUI can be used.
I have been told the GUI cannot be used. Someone on the Yuneec Facebook page in a PM told me this. Not sure if it is true or not. I tried loading a .bin file into the GUI but it wouldn't recognize it.

That would be great. Are you selling it for a set price or are you running an auction? I have a ton of parts I am thinking of listing also. I have TH arms with motors, several mainboards, flight controllers, etc.

I will probably do a set price. This camera has been used twice. It’s a nice little camera. Bought it as a backup, and just haven’t needed it. Now I fly the H520 almost all the time and use the E90 camera all the time.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 0A25A289-9D27-453E-8ACB-8FC23DB2C770.jpeg
    0A25A289-9D27-453E-8ACB-8FC23DB2C770.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • A7E6D33A-391B-4B1D-B97F-D068C03C3BF2.jpeg
    A7E6D33A-391B-4B1D-B97F-D068C03C3BF2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
I have been told the GUI cannot be used. Someone on the Yuneec Facebook page in a PM told me this. Not sure if it is true or not. I tried loading a .bin file into the GUI but it wouldn't recognize it.
What version do you currently have loaded, and what version are you trying to load?
I'm not sure the GUI will load a file that is the same version or older than the currently installed version.
And I suspect it will not load the full "BIN" file any way.

Last edited:
I will probably do a set price. This camera has been used twice. It’s a nice little camera. Bought it as a backup, and just haven’t needed it. Now I fly the H520 almost all the time and use the E90 camera all the time.
Here are some pics.
Let me know when you post it. ty

What version do you currently have loaded, and what version are you trying to load?
I'm not sure the GUI will load a file that is the same version or older than the currently installed version.
And I suspect it will not load the full "BIN" file any way.
I just saw this. I am not sure of the version. I was having some drifting issues and wanted to update the drone. I did get it updated, using another cgo3+ from a different drone.

If still available I am very interested.....Mine just gave up the ghost.

Just shoot me a PM if you choose to sell it. I need one for parts. Thanks

absolutely....at this moment I am reaching out to Terrestrial Imaging to see if they have the parts to repair mine....they definitely have the knowledge.

Will update as soon as possible.

Update........So i reached out and called Terrestrial Imaging and found out they still have parts and are capable of repairing the CGO3+........Shipped it out to them and tracking shows it will be there Tuesday.

I was quoted $125 - $250 depending on needed repair. Said most likely closer to $125 with the description I gave them.

Will update again as soon as i get it back...!!!!!!

Last edited:
Update .... Received email from Terrestrial Imaging today with repair estimate for my CGO3+..... I approved this repair and am awaiting receipt of my repaired unit to evaluate.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"We are sending you this message to let you know that the equipment that you shipped to Terrestrial Imaging for repair has been evaluated by a technician. Please review the technician's notes below. At the bottom of this email is a link that you'll need to click to let us know how you would like us to proceed with the repair.

TECHNICIAN'S PARTS AND LABOR ESTIMATE:

Parts Cost: $57.97
1 x CGO3+ UV Filter
1 x CGO3+ Roll Encoder
1 x CGO3+ Pitch Motor

Labor Cost: $160.00
Labor to repair equipment, bench test and test fly.

Total Estimate (not including shipping): $217.97

Update from Terrestrial Imaging......following approval to repair my CGO3+ was found to be damaged beyond repair.....but they did have a refurbished unit available so i pulled the trigger and it's on it's way home....will update again once tested :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval