Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3 vs cgo3 pro setting on st10+

Reaction score
I was flying my q500 4k and I'd hit record and it would show that it was recording, but when I went to look at it. There was nothing to view.
I reformatted the card....tried different cards. All of which are class 10
Lastly I went back out after a failed record session and tried again. This time when I viewed the file it was a previous file that hadn't been there before. ?? But what I had just recorded was not there.
So weird. I called Yuneec and amd they asked me what my flight setting was. It was set on cgo3. They asked me to set in on pro. So I did and it worked.
My question is.....is it fixed? and if so why was that an issue between the 2 settings? Thanks guys

To be true, this makes no sense to me. There is no real difference between CGO3 and CGO3Pro, when it comes to recording videos with that cam. It even does not change anything on the cam as there is no such command. The only thing that will change is the UI in the ST10+ to have more settings. In some cases - hard to reproduce - the recording failed to some reason, but the timer on the ST10 started to tick, without a file being recorded. The reason in most of my noticed cases where an uncaught error from the camera, which wasn't handled correctly. For instance, the camera has an IDLE state, where it does not accept new commands. But this isn't processed by the ST10+, so it ignores that error and continues with the usual proceeding in an undetermined state.

What the suggestion from Yuneec does under the hood: it re-initializes the camera. That's it.

Just flew it a total of 5 separate times and every video did fine. Had no issues at all. I guess I'll leave it in cgo3 pro

You should! CGO3 has no advantages at all over CGO3 Pro. I was always wondering why they actually kept this profile in the software. Maybe to not confuse people who are not familiar with these advanced photo settings.

Happy flying.

I was flying my q500 4k and I'd hit record and it would show that it was recording, but when I went to look at it. There was nothing to view.
I reformatted the card....tried different cards. All of which are class 10
Lastly I went back out after a failed record session and tried again. This time when I viewed the file it was a previous file that hadn't been there before. ?? But what I had just recorded was not there.
So weird. I called Yuneec and amd they asked me what my flight setting was. It was set on cgo3. They asked me to set in on pro. So I did and it worked.
My question is.....is it fixed? and if so why was that an issue between the 2 settings? Thanks guys
I had similar problem with my first SD card which had a data read/write speed of 48 MB/s. I tried reformatting the card but the problem persisted. I purchased a new SD card that has data read/write speed of 95 MB/s and have had no recording issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my