Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Channel settings for Right Stick - ST16

Hey guys

I was just going over this settings and find out something that is different on my ST16, compared what I saw in this video.
When you click on Channel Settings and click on Aileron, down there is this Final output monitor in percents.
In this video , when stick is moved full left/right it is showing 100 %......while mine is showing only max 70% in both directions. The same goes for the Elevator where mine is showing up 71 % and down 72 %.

So why is mine not showing 100 % ? How to fix that ?

And one more thing, my default is Expo 2, not Expo1 like showed in this video.
I never touched channel setting before so I never changed here anything.

Hey guys

I was just going over this settings and find out something that is different on my ST16, compared what I saw in this video.
When you click on Channel Settings and click on Aileron, down there is this Final output monitor in percents.
In this video , when stick is moved full left/right it is showing 100 %......while mine is showing only max 70% in both directions. The same goes for the Elevator where mine is showing up 71 % and down 72 %.

So why is mine not showing 100 % ? How to fix that ?

And one more thing, my default is Expo 2, not Expo1 like showed in this video.
I never touched channel setting before so I never changed here anything.

Dxer,

Where is your rate slider (K3 rabbit vs turtle) positioned?

Changing K3 will change the "travel" of related controls.

Jeff

Reactions: dxer
Jeff is right, its likely the slider is not all the way up. Also you can hold the stick all the way over to full stop while looking at the output graph and then operate the rate slider from top to bottom, you should see the output go from 100% to 60% if it has factory settings.

Pat

Reactions: iracer99
In a previous thread there was a discussion about the Typhoon's tendency to stay locked on hover and be twitchy at slow speed. Thread Here. I mentioned that I had tried expo with mixed results but that I was using a broken line curve and really liked it. Others have tried and liked it as well so I made a quick video showing the way I set my controller up.

Pat

Hey Pat,
Nicely done. It is surprising how frightened people are of altering rate curves to customise the machines performance.
Just one more thing for the RC newbie to get their heads around.

This has to be one of the most helpful videos related to the "H" that I've seen in some time. Thank you so much, Pat, for sharing!

Looks good just followed your video and was only getting 60% so read on further and saw I needed to slide my K3 to max. hope to try this out soon as I try to fly close for inspection and it gets pretty hairy at times, Thanks for this info.

I wish I could do the broken style curve on my acro drones. It's much easier.

I know this is an older thread, but I just want to say THANK YOU Pat!! I had posted for help with this kind of thing on a FB forum, and received nothing but negative comments, and ridicule about how increasing will ruin my shots, and that's why Yuneec set it up this way, and was told it can't be changed. Coming from decades of RC planes, copters, and cars, I knew there had to be a way. Thanks again for the simple explanation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew Grant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex