Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chi camera solid white light

Reaction score
I had some salt water get on cgo3 and camera quit. I bought a working camera off eBay except gimbal was broke. I took both the WiFi board and the one under it and put them in my camera because gimbal worked fine on my original.before installing cards from donor camera I put it on the Q500 and bound it and got the camera to work. But after putting cards in mine camera does not show up on st10 and all I get is a white light steady on camera.
I have taken apart again and checked all connectors and such cannot find a problem.
I also removed card and reinstalled it in st10.
I can’t bind the camera because st10 thinks it’s not there all gimbal functions work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Resetting may help.
Camera reset buttons.jpg

Try resetting wifi first.

But after putting cards in mine camera does not show up on st10 and all I get is a white light steady on camera.

You said "cards". Did you mean just the one SD card, and that it came from your ST10+?

Was there any camera related firmware stored on the SD card?

Is the solid white light on the front of the camera ball, or is it up on the gimbal board.

Does the camera still stabilize when powered on?

Are there any beeping sounds, and if so, please describe the pattern.

Not sure if it's useful, but I took apart a CGo3. I disconnected each ribbon, antenna, and wiring connector, one at a time, and checked the camera each time. None resulted in a solid white light. Disconnecting the small Lens assembly board did result in a solid red. Everything else was either completely dark, or proceeded all the way to green flashing, or stopped somewhere on solid red.
This at least suggests your connections are OK, and the issue is elsewhere.

Did you check the camera / WIFI functions while still on their original frame, before you moved them to your frame?

Last edited:
You said "cards". Did you mean just the one SD card, and that it came from your ST10+?

Was there any camera related firmware stored on the SD card?

Is the solid white light on the front of the camera ball, or is it up on the gimbal board.

Does the camera still stabilize when powered on?

Are there any beeping sounds, and if so, please describe the pattern.

The camera got some salt water on it and quit working. It does stabilize but no connection with ST10.
So I bought a camera off eBay that had broken gimbal. I took the WiFi board and the one under it and put them in mine.
I did check eBay camera and it bound to st10 and had video before I removed circuit boards. Once I put them in mine the gimbal stabilizes when powered on and the top light in mount is green but camera ball light is steady white and camera doesn’t show up in st10. SD card in camera should have firmware on it it worked in original camera before it got wet.
Sorry I did not explain it well first time.
I have rechecked all connectors inside camera and found them to be ok.

Thanks I will try that after I try reinstalling firmware as a suggestion from another member.

Well installed lens and board from working camera and same thing solid white light gimbal works good and no connection on ST 10.
I don't get it it is basically everything from working camera except the gimbal which is working fine.

Many electronics get damaged by static electricity if you are working bare handed and are not wearing a static ground. I've been concerned about this, but wasn't worth mentioning until all else had failed. It doesn't take a static hit large enough to feel to do some real damage.

Did you try to reload the firmware yet?
If the firmware also does not work, it may be worthwhile to move the components back to the original camera to see if they start working again. If so, we can look at EXACTLY which components are being moved.

Tried to reload it but doesn’t seem to load with only white light on.
I downloaded firmware bib file to the sad card and stuck it camera but don’t see or hear anything happening.
I discharged my self before working on it.
Only thing I can think may have happened is somehow damaged WiFi board maybe installing. When I try to change camera settings on ST10 get a error message that says no communication with camera.

I did not change the board in the mount area, think I should try it. It’s the only other board left that goes with the ones I did change.

Yeah, you could try that. Be sure to color code the connectors, or you will spend many hours figuring it out.

After that, about the last possibility would be to check for voltage. It should be getting something near 5v.

Otherwise, last move is either the antenna (doesn't sound hopeful) or put it all back in the original frame and see what happens. Putting it back in the original frame, and still no success, would at least remove all doubt that some damage occurred during the movement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval