Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Connect drone through QGC on PC without ST16S, and develop mission control

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have two questions for you guys.

- I want to connect drone with QGC which is installed on laptop, without ST16S. ST16S has mission control program by itself, but my goal is to connect to drone through QGC on my laptop. I know that ST16S use WiFi to connect H520, so I thought it would be easy to connect with laptop. But, I have no idea about it. Do you guys know how to connect H520 with laptop or PC?

- And, I want to develop mission planner on ST16S to control H520. Is there any way to use code on ST16S and modify?

Thanks.

The video signal is wifi. The control signal is not.
Why not use DataPilot for mission planning?

Thanks Steve Carr.
It means I can get video signal from drone to my laptop, but I can not send waypoint, survey option, and other things information related on drone move. Am i right?
And I will check out DataPilot. What is benefit if I use DataPilot instead of QGC?

Thanks.

I will check it out. When I get a problem, I will post reply again.

Tkat's possible to work with QGC (Q ground Control) on PC with H520. You must have 5.8Ghz wi-fi a/c to connect.
Process to connect is the same that for any other hotspot. default password for H520: 1234567890.
After connect QGC automatically start downloading of H520 parameters, and you can project/modify missions etc. To have video on PC you must add rtsp:192.168.42.1:554/live in QGC. Any beta features like rally points landing not working anyway.
Also you may install QGC app on ST16S.
1547801262878.png

Tkat's possible to work with QGC (Q ground Control) on PC with H520. You must have 5.8Ghz wi-fi a/c to connect.
Process to connect is the same that for any other hotspot. default password for H520: 1234567890.
After connect QGC automatically start downloading of H520 parameters, and you can project/modify missions etc. To have video on PC you must add rtsp:192.168.42.1:554/live in QGC. Any beta features like rally points landing not working anyway.
View attachment 13757

Beware of using QGC instead of DataPilotPlanner. Numerous cases of H520 brinked have been reported. And that's just by downloading the logs. I personally wouldn't play much with fire, and yes, I know that many of you use QGC without any problem, but well........., it's said.

The type of wifi used by the H520 is the "Wifi a" or 802.11a protocol. It is a version, quite old and in disuse already, although increased in the original features exposed in the white paper of the protocol. It is difficult to find devices that currently support 802.11a. Searching well you can still find some.

I also had problems with H520 not powering after log upload but for me thats not problem with QGC but in inproper sequence another that: battery plug, usb connect, power on, some wait, application start, full parameters download, log download, application disconnect, usb disconnect, power off. All with ST16S turned off.

Reactions: arruntus
If that's the sequence you're using and for you no problem, perfect, I'm glad you're sharing it. In a dark move by Yuneec, not only did they not report this problem, they hid it and charged the repair to the comrades who had the bad luck of brink their H520. I limit myself to expose facts, and it is good that whoever uses the QGC has this information.

View attachment 13757
I followed your answer. but, I couldn't find RTSP Video Stream option on the Video Source. What QGC version did you use?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval