Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Connection to camera delays

Reaction score
Hi everyone after the correct routine of switching on the st16 then the h pro, the connection to the cgo3 can take up to 5th minutes is this normal.

Also intermittently loosing signal to video in flight despite the drone being only about 100m away. I bring the h back, land it establishes connection then I can fly again. I always keep LOS and Never more than 500m away, any ideas

Hi everyone after the correct routine of switching on the st16 then the h pro, the connection to the cgo3 can take up to 5th minutes is this normal.

Also intermittently loosing signal to video in flight despite the drone being only about 100m away. I bring the h back, land it establishes connection then I can fly again. I always keep LOS and Never more than 500m away, any ideas
Are you using the EU firmware or the standard firmware?

If the aircraft is using EU firmware then that will cause a delay in connecting to the camera, though I must say that 5 minutes is on the long side even for E.U. firmware. Also, many EU pilots have reported loosing video signal particularly at the same time as raising the landing gear.

One way to resolve this issue is to simply install the U.S. version of the firmware but I caution you to think twice before doing it. First of all, If you are in the E.U. it would be illegal to use the U.S. version. Secondly, there are some technical reasons why it's better to use E.U. firmware in the E.U.

Are you using the EU firmware or the standard firmware?

If the aircraft is using EU firmware then that will cause a delay in connecting to the camera, though I must say that 5 minutes is on the long side even for E.U. firmware. Also, many EU pilots have reported loosing video signal particularly at the same time as raising the landing gear.

One way to resolve this issue is to simply install the U.S. version of the firmware but I caution you to think twice before doing it. First of all, If you are in the E.U. it would be illegal to use the U.S. version. Secondly, there are some technical reasons why it's better to use E.U. firmware in the E.U.
Hi thanks for replying I am a UK pilot and upgraded to the h pro last week. Been in touch with tech support this morning we have reset and re bind to the controller I will see whether this works

Hi thanks for replying I am a UK pilot and upgraded to the h pro last week. Been in touch with tech support this morning we have reset and re bind to the controller I will see whether this works
Hi still not really connecting properly, luckily I only ever fly LOS and have always managed to recover and land. It sometimes comes up with lost WiFi and RC signal and goes to the default screen. All flying controls still work....

Hi still not really connecting properly, luckily I only ever fly LOS and have always managed to recover and land. It sometimes comes up with lost WiFi and RC signal and goes to the default screen. All flying controls still work....
Hi.
Even if you are using the EU firmware I would expect you to have a camera connection within about two minutes and (apart from the possibility of it dropping out when raising the landing gear as I mentioned in my post above) should keep that connection while within reasonable VLOS.

That leads me to ask a couple of questions:
What video antenna are you using? The patch or the mushroom?
If the patch, are you pointing the flat part directly at the aircraft (the patch is highly directional)
If the mushroom, are you pointing it straight up? It works better if pointing straight up.
Have you checked the antenna on the aircraft?
If all flying controls work then you haven't lost RC signal but just for the heck of it, what direction are you pointing the RC antenna? This needs to be pointing straight up too.

As I mentioned in my previous post, a TH using EU firmware is prone to loose the video connection at the time that you raise the landing gear. Not every EU aircraft has this quirk but a good proportion does. However, it has been noted that once the camera has re-connected, it seldom looses the signal again for the remainder of that flight. One way to force this second (supposedly) stronger connection before you even take off is to wait until the initial camera connection has taken place then force a re-bind to the camera. Doesn't solve the issue but does tend to make the loss of video on raising the landing gear slightly less of an issue.

Hi.
Even if you are using the EU firmware I would expect you to have a camera connection within about two minutes and (apart from the possibility of it dropping out when raising the landing gear as I mentioned in my post above) should keep that connection while within reasonable VLOS.

That leads me to ask a couple of questions:
What video antenna are you using? The patch or the mushroom?
If the patch, are you pointing the flat part directly at the aircraft (the patch is highly directional)
If the mushroom, are you pointing it straight up? It works better if pointing straight up.
Have you checked the antenna on the aircraft?
If all flying controls work then you haven't lost RC signal but just for the heck of it, what direction are you pointing the RC antenna? This needs to be pointing straight up too.

As I mentioned in my previous post, a TH using EU firmware is prone to loose the video connection at the time that you raise the landing gear. Not every EU aircraft has this quirk but a good proportion does. However, it has been noted that once the camera has re-connected, it seldom looses the signal again for the remainder of that flight. One way to force this second (supposedly) stronger connection before you even take off is to wait until the initial camera connection has taken place then force a re-bind to the camera. Doesn't solve the issue but does tend to make the loss of video on raising the landing gear slightly less of an issue.
Hi flush vision

Thanks for your reply, it is the mushroom antenna and is pointing upwards as for the firmware I believe it is the standard, I have noticed the second connection is more stable and I will follow your advice on rebinding

Regards

Simon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20