Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017 Las Vegas- Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Europe warranty and after hours support. Why USA support don't support afterhours Europe customers ?

Yuneec says the 520 is the same size as the present H. The RealSense module appears to be the same.
6850 battery and max flying time 31 minutes, as others have noted.

The CGO-CI camera lens is a 50 MM equivalent, to give close-up inspections. Apparently the cams will fit the existing H.

How many of you are ready to pre-order? Delivery in 2nd quarter (is that July:eek:)

UPDATE: The Yuneec answer to a question (on Facebook) that the size is the same is not correct. The 520 is different in many respects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChadCloses
Yuneec says the 520 is the same size as the present H. The RealSense module appears to be the same.

The CGO-CI camera lens is a 50 MM equivalent, to give close-up inspections. Apparently the cams will fit the existing H.

How many of you are ready to pre-order? Delivery in 2nd quarter (is that July:eek:)

Thanks Ray!! I'll place my order today for the 480 version then! Thanks everyone for all the info!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuneec says the 520 is the same size as the present H.

That's interesting, there seems to be some conflicting information. The standard H is a 480 - referring to air frame size. The implication is that the 520 is larger - not by much, but that would allow 20mm more for larger motors on each side.

That's interesting, there seems to be some conflicting information. The standard H is a 480 - referring to air frame size. The implication is that the 520 is larger - not by much, but that would allow 20mm more for larger motors on each side.

Agree. And since that's a Marketing type who gave that answer, probably wiggle room. Of course, you only need to make the arms a bit longer to accommodate larger motor-props. 30 MM is 1.5", not much, as you said. As to prices, these projected prices may be only to test consumer reaction.

Reactions: ChadCloses
There is a major Yuneec item still missing. Will there be or not a meaningful H920 upgrade or new model?
Nothing but silence so far...

Here is some info from the Yuneec UK Facebook page:
H520 Information -

• Larger Airframe: The Typhoon H520 is 520mm between rotor centres compared to 480mm for the Typhoon H.

• Larger Motors and Props: Give increased flight performance with a greater top speed and higher wind tolerance and stability.

• Increased Payload: Carries larger and a wider range of cameras.

• Increased Fight Time: The increased capacity H520 4S 6850mAh pack gives flight times of up to 30 minutes.

Elsewhere I found: total weight of 1890g

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayray
Here is some info from the Yuneec UK Facebook page:
H520 Information -

• Larger Airframe: The Typhoon H520 is 520mm between rotor centres compared to 480mm for the Typhoon H.

• Larger Motors and Props: Give increased flight performance with a greater top speed and higher wind tolerance and stability.

• Increased Payload: Carries larger and a wider range of cameras.

• Increased Fight Time: The increased capacity H520 4S 6850mAh pack gives flight times of up to 30 minutes.

Elsewhere I found: total weight of 1890g

Good going, RR. Looks like the main benefit to existing TH owners will be that the new CGO-CI camera will fit. Since the 520 uses the ST16, a person could buy just the bare 520 drone (later) and use their existing ST16, and camera too if they wish.

Good going, RR. Looks like the main benefit to existing TH owners will be that the new CGO-CI camera will fit. Since the 520 uses the ST16, a person could buy just the bare 520 drone (later) and use their existing ST16, and camera too if they wish.
It was great to see that they increased the motor base and prop size. I had been thinking about modifying the H this same way to increase payload and flight time. I was considering 720 kv motors and 12" props.

Reactions: Rayray
The H920 folks are tired of waiting for their overdue upgrades. If Yuneec does not address that soon....

This is "VALET", a Future Concept drone, for duties around the house (chase burglars, watch pets and kids, etc.)

valet-drone-800x600.jpg

Nevada Highway Patrol (a Yuneec customer), checking out the 520.

NevadaHP-atCES.jpg

So, no word yet on new and (rumored) much better firmware for the H? I was hoping Yuneec would make an announcement for it at CES 2017.

480 and 520 side by side. Mr. Black and Mr. Orange? Since they are both Typhoon H's, what to call them to tell them apart?
(keep it clean, lol)

480and520sidebyside.jpg

Another puzzle piece...Qualcomm Control.

View attachment 4595
This is actually old news, released in year 2015. in September. They were saying that Yuneec will release drone with Qualcomm processor next year (2016). The question is what happend to that ?
Is H powered by this processor ?

This is actually old news, released in year 2015. in September. They were saying that Yuneec will release drone with Qualcomm processor next year (2016). The question is what happend to that ?
Is H powered by this processor ?

No, that sort of controller is for small stuff like the Breeze. The Typhoon is all intel powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval