Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed Mantis Q

Reaction score
Crashed 1 Month old Mantis Q purchased from Best Buy. Hit a tree and drone crashed to ground. Now front props hit drone. Just looking at drone, nothing looks wrong. Any ideas?

Maybe post some photos of the Mantis.

Do the arms lock in the proper position?

Are the props bent?

Are the motors loose in the mounts?

A pic will not show anything unfortunately because looking at it, nothing looks wrong. Yes the arms do lock in place. Will post on any resolution from Best Buy or if no satisfaction from them, will get estimate from local drone repair service.

Best Buy will not repair or replace a drone that crashed due to pilot error. They can take care of having it sent to a Yuneec authorized repair facility, but that can be done faster and easier via Yuneec’s website. Use a full browser and select the Support link then select the option to get an RMA for repair.

Any hints for us, as in “what works and what does not”?

Does it power up? Does it bind to its controller? Do the motors arm?

A few descriptive comments can help, or at least describe what kind of ideas you are looking for, if more than what Doom has already provided as far as repair services.

Jeff

Reactions: Lars
... Will post on any resolution from Best Buy or if no satisfaction from them, will get estimate from local drone repair service.
Why would you look for resolution from Best Buy? They didn't crash it...you did.

Reactions: Lars
Because it states that if you bought it from Best Buy to contact them because they will ship it to KAV. As stated by another member though, it would be quicker to just call Yuneec for a repair order number which is what I did.

Because it states that if you bought it from Best Buy to contact them because they will ship it to KAV. As stated by another member though, it would be quicker to just call Yuneec for a repair order number which is what I did.
Might be worth doing a forum search concerning Yuneec and KAV. Don't expect a quick resolution, unless you're willing to put it down to experience and pay for the repairs yourself!

Crashed 1 Month old Mantis Q purchased from Best Buy. Hit a tree and drone crashed to ground. Now front props hit drone. Just looking at drone, nothing looks wrong. Any ideas?
After getting quotes to fix the Mantis Q, which was 150.00 in labor plus parts, so I figured I'd probably be putting out 200.00 to 300.00 to fix a 400.00 drone, decided to do a self-inflicted fix. Since I don't fold the drone up due to disability of having 1 arm, decided to space arm extensions where they should be and made them fixed arms. Upon initial test flights with this fix, drone works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz