Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Custom Stabilizing Gimbal

Jazzman, I love your idea of using the 360 camera on the custom mount and from reading your thread a while back I was thinking maybe an adaptation of the GB203? Typhoon G and the Go-Pro GB203 3 Gimbal on a H? Another thought is adapting the Walkera G-3D gimbal Walkera G-3D 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal for 149$ - RC Groups I have the Walkera G-2D 2 axis gimbal which I use on my CX-20. The beauty of this gimbal is being to connect a small external lipo to power it so it runs independently of the drone. Obviously you can't aim it with the ST-16 but with a 360 camera that shouldn't be an issue, you're just looking for better stabilization. A long term solution for power would be to locate a place to tap from inside the H and solder up a connector to the gimbal instead of an external lipo, but honestly the lipo is small. I will post what I have for the G-2D when I have a few. BTW - The Walkera gimbal takes standard server inputs to control the axis, without hooking these up the gimbal is just stablizes. You would also need to modify the mount to hold the 360 camera since it's more designed to hold a GoPro.

Reactions: jazzman81
Jazzman, I love your idea of using the 360 camera on the custom mount and from reading your thread a while back I was thinking maybe an adaptation of the GB203? Typhoon G and the Go-Pro GB203 3 Gimbal on a H? Another thought is adapting the Walkera G-3D gimbal Walkera G-3D 3 Axis Brushless Gimbal for 149$ - RC Groups I have the Walkera G-2D 2 axis gimbal which I use on my CX-20. The beauty of this gimbal is being to connect a small external lipo to power it so it runs independently of the drone. Obviously you can't aim it with the ST-16 but with a 360 camera that shouldn't be an issue, you're just looking for better stabilization. A long term solution for power would be to locate a place to tap from inside the H and solder up a connector to the gimbal instead of an external lipo, but honestly the lipo is small. I will post what I have for the G-2D when I have a few. BTW - The Walkera gimbal takes standard server inputs to control the axis, without hooking these up the gimbal is just stablizes. You would also need to modify the mount to hold the 360 camera since it's more designed to hold a GoPro.
I like your suggestions and external power is appealing to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing