Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dashware issue

Reaction score
guys can anyone tell me when i try and load a video in dashware it wont load?

Its funny I have not tried dashware in well over six months and I am getting the same results as you alsey7. Only thing I can think of is maybe some kind of update windows ten did that is causing it. No idea. If you figure it out let us know.

Hey alsey7
I did some searching with google tonight and this problem had surfaced when Win 10 came out. Dashware has a bunch of suggestions like update codecs and make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date and a few others which I did and I still can't get video to display. One post I read the fellow ended up going back to win 7 and dashware worked perfectly. This is a windows problem and not dashware.

From what I can tell, the Windows 10 Update that loaded on my computer on 9/22/2016 installed a new version of msmpeg2vdec.dll. If I open a Dashware project that worked last week, I get an error message that says "The procedure entry point MFCreateTrackedSample could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\msmpeg2vdec.dll." This DLL imports the MFCreateTrackedSample function from another DLL, MFPlat.dll, which Windows 10 also updated on 9/22/2016. So the problem could be with either of those new DLLs I guess. A System Restore to last week would likely fix it, but only until the update reinstalls. And it's a huge one this time.

From what I can tell, the Windows 10 Update that loaded on my computer on 9/22/2016 installed a new version of msmpeg2vdec.dll. If I open a Dashware project that worked last week, I get an error message that says "The procedure entry point MFCreateTrackedSample could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\msmpeg2vdec.dll." This DLL imports the MFCreateTrackedSample function from another DLL, MFPlat.dll, which Windows 10 also updated on 9/22/2016. So the problem could be with either of those new DLLs I guess. A System Restore to last week would likely fix it, but only until the update reinstalls. And it's a huge one this time.

i downloaded a older version of the DLL and changed to Read only which wndows wont be able to replace it

I downloaded a alternative program to dashware called Racerender. It does have a freeware version and does work but ifyou buy the ultimate upgrade you get a lot more options. Upgrade is 49.95 for the full package. Lots of stuff we don't need :)
The next package down is the Deluxe for 39.95. I might get this one as the basic freeware one is limited to 3 minute videos and the deluxe package opens unlimited time. All three support 4K which is nice.

I played around with it a little this morning and from the very small amount of time I used it the Telemetry file seems it needs converting like when we use Dashware.

Tried to find a cracked version of RaceRender or a serial but no such luck LOL
Guess I will cough up the 40 or 50 bucks.

RaceRender 3 Video+Data | Features

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeenon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval