Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DataPilot with Typhoon H+

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has anyone downloaded the DataPilot software on the ST16S and used it with the H+? I am curious how I would go about doing this. I originally bought the H+ with the intention of doing photography but now I am looking to move over into mapping and surveying type work where the photos are geocoded and more flight options are available. I don't want to go and buy the H520 when I could do the same thing with the H Plus seeing as they are pretty much the same bird. So, I'm just curious if anyone has tried to go this route and if anyone knows the best place to download the DataPilot software?

Thanks!
-Nick

Hey everyone,

Has anyone downloaded the DataPilot software on the ST16S and used it with the H+? I am curious how I would go about doing this. I originally bought the H+ with the intention of doing photography but now I am looking to move over into mapping and surveying type work where the photos are geocoded and more flight options are available. I don't want to go and buy the H520 when I could do the same thing with the H Plus seeing as they are pretty much the same bird. So, I'm just curious if anyone has tried to go this route and if anyone knows the best place to download the DataPilot software?

Thanks!
-Nick
I read something about this on Facebook a while back and some one successfully installed h520 firmware on both drone and controller but it wouldn't recognize the c23 camera but only the cameras that are used with the h520 e90 and so on.

I read something about this on Facebook a while back and some one successfully installed h520 firmware on both drone and controller but it wouldn't recognize the c23 camera but only the cameras that are used with the h520 e90 and so on.

Interesting. Maybe they were using the CGO3 and not the C23? It's almost like they took the E90 framework and slapped a new name on it to package it with the H+. They look identical in aesthetics and quality, but I'm no camera guru so I can't tell definitively.

Interesting. Maybe they were using the CGO3 and not the C23? It's almost like they took the E90 framework and slapped a new name on it to package it with the H+. They look identical in aesthetics and quality, but I'm no camera guru so I can't tell definitively.
They did h520 and plus are identical in hardware only difference is the software

Wonder if you put an E90 camera on the H plus you could get the DataPilot to work? The H plus has the Pix4 software on it.

I am curious about that as well. Theoretically, it should work if it also has the H520 firmware installed. The airframe is identical, as is the controller. The hard part is having to stomach forking out $1,300 for the E90, although having a zoom feature would be nice!

The c23 camera is getting a pinch to zoom upgrade as announced earlier this month. I am anxiously waiting for this upgrade to my H Plus. Who knows, more upgrades to the H Plus might be in store to make it almost compatible to the 520 but I doubt it for Yuneec to keep it not as full featured as the more commercial 520.

The c23 camera is getting a pinch to zoom upgrade as announced earlier this month. I am anxiously waiting for this upgrade to my H Plus. Who knows, more upgrades to the H Plus might be in store to make it almost compatible to the 520 but I doubt it for Yuneec to keep it not as full featured as the more commercial 520.

You mentioned earlier that the H+ includes Pix4D. I have not noticed this software pre-installed on the ST16 when I bought it. Do you have to download? And I'm guessing you would need to pay the cost of the program itself, which doesn't come cheap. Still, Pix4D might offer a lot of what I'm looking to do in terms of creating large-scale aerial images.

I have to confess that I tried finding the information that I had seen before that mentioned the H Plus ST16S controller having Pix4d built in, but can not find it now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi