Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Decoding the flight log mode numbers

Reaction score
I had a flyaway two months ago with the breeze, had just landed a nice over half hour flight and swapped out the battery to have an encore flight, all systems green so i hit take off...thats when it happened, it took off as expected but didnt stop at the ceiling takeoff hieght and kept rising then began banking to the left at an extensive rate of speed at maybe 30 or 40 meters, i had enough reaction to rotate it so it straffed in a circle but speeding up to a point of uncontrollability the circle got wide fast. After one quickly widening circle it was still banking left and slightly backwards but thankfully away from people towards a row of trees which i figured would at least stall the props and crash land this phsycotic quadcopter, however it missed the branches and flew over (perhaps even into) a small pond used as a fire suppresion reserve system, as i chased down my craft trying to maintain visual reference i ran directly into the pond with android tablet still in hand, upon hitting the water i lost sight of the rouge Breeze and the water damaged tablet was definitely no longer connected to it so it was gone. Calling Yuneec Support went well at that time, the agent stayed on the phone with me while i located the telemetry logs off my tablet fresh out of rice to dry it out, it worked for a couple days but today i type this on a new tablet, anyways, as i blowdried thentablet and retrieved the data i emailed it to customer support, I called them my NTSB at the time and awaited response with much anticipation. Of course i ran my own investigation with the logged data trying to retrace the lat&lon coordinates in the final lines and couldnt help but notice other specs like auto takeoff mode numbers. After tabing out the colomns of data in notepad for both a controlled flightlog and the crash fkight log (i say crash cause what goes up must eventually come down) i noticed auto takeoff mode 51 seems to be what sent my uav insane. After a month and no response from Yuneec NTSB i called back, apparently the email i sent didnt work out on their end so again the agent stayed on the line as i sent again the desired attachments and was told yet again tthey had whatnthey needed but also inquired if i could access the advanced flight logs, unaccessable on the worthless water tablet now, but he said they could stilll work with what they got. Honestly i still havent gotten a callback and i just want to decode the mode numbers. Can someone just give me a list of the numbered modes and what each number means, flight mode 6 i assume is pilot mode but on my control fl8ght datanit jumpsnaround between 6 and 3 so again i become confused. Really just the flight mode numbers and the autotakeOFF numbers. The pitch rol and yaw numbers kinda explain themselvse as i math it out and obviously the lat and lon are dummyproof. I will end upbuying a new drone and probably another company since yuneec has let me down with their support service but as an aviation enthusiast i will not rest until i solve this story. Shame i really loved the breeze and in turn i loved yuneec, so unique creating little flying cameras but the product backing was lost in the breezy winds!

Seems my case got tangled in a glitch or somethimg but just got off the fone with mitch at yuneec and my telemetry data was reviewed by yuneecs ntsb guys but i didnt get the message, but YIPPEE it appears they are going to send a new one out to me! Too bad i have to give back the extra battery and cords and whathaveyou but he said i could keep the extra props so thats a plus !!! I hope this works out and now i understand half the flightlog info im definatly going to enjoy hitting the skies a little more often!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss