Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DIY lights

I've actually been looking for something just like this. I think those stick on ones look horrible and you have to charge them with a USB. Now, this set you have here, I think you could easily take the body off, drill 4 holes in it in each direction, and solder a 12v voltage regulator straight to the battery inside the drone. Would be a clean install and have 360° coverage, with no extra batteries or charging needed.

Reactions: rickeylee
Right not a bad idea but I think I might try the pack so I’m not reducing flight time running lights I’ve also considered running a quick connector to the battery comp converting one of the relay switches to possibly lengthen my flight (having an in-line voltage regulator) when the birds battery becomes low trigger the relay to enable “extra juice” I’ll have to figure out the capacitor required also but doesn’t hurt to brainstorm

currently working with firehouse technology arc2 strobes for my h520. Also found a vendor for the arc2 mounts on the h520 arms. just need a voltage regulator to drop the voltage to 3.7 volts or if I can tap into the led wires on each arm 6 arms six strobe moduals.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurboDad81
Just a FYI I found this kit on amazon waiting to receive and build a battery 4x 18650 pack

ePathChina Eagle Eye LEDs Car Light with Wireless Remote Strobe Flash One to Four 4 x 1.5W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073S5JM82/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kiSjCbC789H3R

What do you think
Great idea Rickelee,
But I fear that the weight will be a problem. The 4 x 18650 batteries will weigh at least 240 grams and then the strobes. I have been working on a battery pack to power h and replace the existing Battery with the li- ion ones , but they don't have enough c rating to survive. I 3d printed a new battery box and fitted 18 x 18650 batteries but they get the h up and flying but don't last long, big drain getting it in the air. I use the Cree- Strobeon in lights and they are great and light and have there own power and not drawing on main battery , people already think flight time is not long enough now. I will keep a watch to see how you go with this, if we don't experiment we won't go forward. Johnno Hennessy.

Reactions: rickeylee
Great idea Rickelee,
But I fear that the weight will be a problem. The 4 x 18650 batteries will weigh at least 240 grams and then the strobes. I have been working on a battery pack to power h and replace the existing Battery with the li- ion ones , but they don't have enough c rating to survive. I 3d printed a new battery box and fitted 18 x 18650 batteries but they get the h up and flying but don't last long, big drain getting it in the air. I use the Cree- Strobeon in lights and they are great and light and have there own power and not drawing on main battery , people already think flight time is not long enough now. I will keep a watch to see how you go with this, if we don't experiment we won't go forward. Johnno Hennessy.

Yes definitely don’t want to tap into main I use these similar leds on my Polaris ranger and are relatively bright, based on my calculations and from what I know about these “eagle eye” lights they are fairly bright even with 6-8 volts and work all the way up to 32v so I’m going to start with 4 18650 (14.8v) and reduce to 3 and even posssibly 2 which fully charged would give approx 7.2v
I purchased single 18650 2 wire battery packs guess it will be trial and error that’s the reason nothing is going to be permanent

Reactions: John Hennessy
just got done with one a few tests I need to do in order to confirm if I can tap off the arm led lights to power the arc2 led. good results the battery that came with the arc2 light lit up the h520 led with no issues. which mean I got a possible power source for the arc2 lights which runs under .15mA per board

Reactions: John Hennessy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing