Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do you plan to get another drone?

Reaction score
We are all Breeze owners. Good for us! I’ll assume the small size, feature set (decent camera, GPS, controller...), task modes, and price point (now $150 with controller) were all reasons we bought one. Shortcomings might be distance/range, and short flight time, but it is a selfie drone so the design was spot-on for that application.

While this drone suits my needs well and I do not plan on another, some here have commented, “my next drone will be ...”.

Given all the no fly zones, and only getting worse, and limited decent things to take video of, if you are planning a “next drone” what will it be and why? Or ask another way, what are you considering as a next drone? Will small size be a factor? Longer flight time? DJI, Autel, another Yuneec?

Just interested!

We are all Breeze owners. Good for us! I’ll assume the small size, feature set (decent camera, GPS, controller...), task modes, and price point (now $150 with controller) were all reasons we bought one. Shortcomings might be distance/range, and short flight time, but it is a selfie drone so the design was spot-on for that application.

While this drone suits my needs well and I do not plan on another, some here have commented, “my next drone will be ...”.

Given all the no fly zones, and only getting worse, and limited decent things to take video of, if you are planning a “next drone” what will it be and why? Or ask another way, what are you considering as a next drone? Will small size be a factor? Longer flight time? DJI, Autel, another Yuneec?

Just interested!
IF....and I say IF Walmart ever lowers the price in Canada, I will be getting one for fishing because of the small size. I'd keep it in with the rest of my fishing gear. Could I ever see myself getting a unit larger than the H480, not unless Canada makes some changes that are for the good. As it stands with my H, I have to go at least 30 kms out of the city to fly, the Breeze, I could fly anywhere.

Hey Murray, trust me, the US is also tightening down on Drone flying - there are not many places to fly that are of interest. I thought, many months back, "a drone, so cool - I'll take into the National Parks and local Colorado waterfall / nice areas" - but then found out - strictly forbidden! So I searched for months trying to find an application for a drone - anything except taking pictures over and over of the same area. Found none, then stumbled on the fishing thing - and that was it for me. Enough reason to buy a drone - looked at DJI and Autel - could not bring myself to spend $500+ for a drone, and looked at used, made many 'low ball' offers - as many for sale - and then found the Breeze. I am doing just what you mention. I'll carry it to lakes and fly it out to where the fish are.. can't wait for summer.

Reactions: Murray Martz
I bought a Parrot Disco a few weeks ago, but haven't tried it yet until the weather gets a bit warmer. It's an FPV fixed wing so most of the restrictions on drones don't apply. Go figure. I also have a Parrot Bebop 2 for it's smaller size.

Reactions: Murray Martz
Been researching potential new drone for 10 months. DJI products out because of tight control they retain for the drone you buy and own! Autel looked good, but they discontinued their XStar models! Forthcoming 'Evo', looks great but no actual release date. Wish Yuneec would bring out a fold able drone, would buy that immediately. So where does that leave me as of this date? Going to buy a 2nd Breeze as a backup! Flew Breeze I own for the last year using IPad mini with zero problems. (Of course a few embarrassing 'pilot error' situations) Don't see any drones on the market that can beat the Breeze for my situation. 2nd Breeze will keep me in the air during my next crash, as I inevitably continue to push the envelope to see what I can do with my great little Breeze

Reactions: DoomMeister
I started looking at drones just after Christmas (2017) when my kids got me a Holy Stone 100. Charge time of 300+ minutes made me return it. Enter CES and new drones. DJI Air, neat, but the value (to me) is not worth $1000+ with the fly more package (which must need). The EVO - great, but again $1000+ is not for me. I see nothing near the $150 Breeze price even close in capability. I bought a 2nd Breeze, the last one in my Walmart, 2 days ago at 9:30PM just to be sure I could get it. It may become a birthday gift to a family member.

The limited NFZ and continued air space restrictions are a real deterrent for me. It’s not getting better.

I’d like longer flight times and features similar to the Breeze for $250.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0verload
Yes I’ll get another drone, possibly the Autell Evo. Seems to be on par or beyond the DJI Mavic line up.
I had originally bought a Typhoon 500 4K, but the copter went into motor failure mode on its second flight. Vendor promptly refunded money and 1week later I ordered my Breeze. $238 with 2 batteries and controller on Amazon.

Hi i got the breeze but i also have some of the big ones q500+ 3dr solo problem has been finding a good spot to fly ( live to close to airports) so i believe the breeze more than likely fits the bill here, its small not a lot of people notices it really by the looks of it they are getting smaller more advanced soon we will see more of this move i just wish that prices would not be so high.

Breeze is my 4th drone, own Dji phantom 3 Standard and Advanced. And had a old p2vision + way back. The Dji are great, flawless in my opinion, now they offer ability to turn off geo fencing, so even better. The video and pic quality are top notch, never a single issue in years of flight with my P3’s. Bought the breeze as a more portable option to take on atv, and very happy with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi