Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone know why everything is listed as out of stock on yuneec's website?

Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a mantis g, but everything is out of stock. Does anyone know what is going on?

Parts and spares for all models made by Yuneec and been going down for some time and current pandemic may also be causing shortages. If I were looking to buy a Yuneec product I would do some research first and if I decided to buy I would not buy direct from Yuneec but rather from a trusted retail distributor of their products.

Hmm, what do you guys think, should I go with Husban Zino 2 instead?
My own personal preference would not be s Zino that is my own personal opinion I have had nothing but problems it was done fly away twice, when she's flying the camera system is fantastic and a great picture but my experience you can have some bad times

Yuneec sale service is down and they not selling new parts to the public anymore. They will sell whatever they have in stock. They have parts only if you send the drones or the cameras to them. The Typhoon H is discontinued and you can find parts on eBay or other 3rd parties.
The shortage of parts started way before the COVID19 started. They see an opportunity to make more money when you are forced to send the drones to them for repairs. They have the worst customer service.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
After the debacle with United Radio in April 2019 and the total undoing of KAV in October of 2019, a person would have to be nuts to send anything in for repair by Yuneec. It would be a total crap shoot as to when you would ever get your property back, if at all, and in what condition.

I have had my typhoon H for 2 months I wish I'd known the situation regarding spare parts, I really don't know why the company would put their self in that situation it certainly isn't going to improve sales, that was the first and last Yuneec Drone I will buy

I have had my typhoon H for 2 months I wish I'd known the situation regarding spare parts, I really don't know why the company would put their self in that situation it certainly isn't going to improve sales, that was the first and last Yuneec Drone I will buy
We understand totally. Most of us preferred the Yuneec products because they were unique and filled our needs in a UAS system. We still like the products we have, but the total lack of customer support stems from a cultural difference in what we and they expect is owed to the customer.

Reactions: Ron sinclair
Btw. I got the yuneec mantis g. Its just so much better than competitors im willing to risk the frustration of finding parts (hopefully wont have to very often)

I probably fall into a similar camp of being a "regretter". After looking at UAV options suitable for commercial use as well as being at an affordable price point (for me) I settled on the Yuneec H520. One of the biggest attractions was ease of hot-swappable payloads, rather than having to purchase a small squadron of UAVs, each being restricted to one particular camera configuration, with a more or less single photographic application.

Unfortunately from there, the love affair with the H520 has been soured a lot by the lack of any level of communication from Yuneec. Emails not answered. Phone calls direct to YEA (Yuneec Electric Aircraft company) in China being left on hold (no human contact at all) to the point where I gave up, and hung up.

I deal directly with a Shenzhen supplier, with whom I have a good business relationship, importing almost all my DJI and Yuneec needs from this source. I'm sure the person I deal with in Shenzhen couched her answers in diplomatically chosen words, but it seemed even this supplier was lost for a reason why Yuneec's customer relations and after sales service was in the sewer. The litany of "untruths" about stock availability and delivery dates eventually turning into outright silence from Yuneec.

The end result is a great UAV which still remains a reasonably versatile piece of kit, but, from a business perspective something of a waste of money. I will be looking well away from Yuneec in the future, when considering what other options there may be in the market, that suit my needs.

Bit of a rant; but it seems glossy websites and slick promotional vid's posted on YT don't always paint the fullest picture about the business behind the product, regardless of its country of origin!

Happy and safe flying :cool: ;) ?

My own personal preference would not be s Zino that is my own personal opinion I have had nothing but problems it was done fly away twice, when she's flying the camera system is fantastic and a great picture but my experience you can have some bad times
You are correct about bad times ,I had mine for four months when i flew it for the fourth time first battery flew for twenty
minutes, when I put the second battery in it took of no problem after two minutes I lost control no response from controller then dropped out of the sky and smashed it to bits,both battery were charged that morning yuneek are saying it was pilot error that I put in a flat battery surely it would not take,it was in the green has this happened to anyone else I would appreciate feed back unfortunately I dont have any info from the drone yuneek said not to download any data now I no why expensive flights £12,00 for four flights.

You are correct about bad times ,I had mine for four months when i flew it for the fourth time first battery flew for twenty
minutes, when I put the second battery in it took of no problem after two minutes I lost control no response from controller then dropped out of the sky and smashed it to bits,both battery were charged that morning yuneek are saying it was pilot error that I put in a flat battery surely it would not take,it was in the green has this happened to anyone else I would appreciate feed back unfortunately I dont have any info from the drone yuneek said not to download any data now I no why expensive flights £12,00 for four flights.
Download the document in this thread Way To Fix Drones project andvrefer to the Attachment that covers downloading the FlightLogs for your aircraft. Then upload the resulting zip file here using the Attach files button. That will give us the information to tell how the aircraft dealt with each battery.

I probably fall into a similar camp of being a "regretter". After looking at UAV options suitable for commercial use as well as being at an affordable price point (for me) I settled on the Yuneec H520. One of the biggest attractions was ease of hot-swappable payloads, rather than having to purchase a small squadron of UAVs, each being restricted to one particular camera configuration, with a more or less single photographic application.

Unfortunately from there, the love affair with the H520 has been soured a lot by the lack of any level of communication from Yuneec. Emails not answered. Phone calls direct to YEA (Yuneec Electric Aircraft company) in China being left on hold (no human contact at all) to the point where I gave up, and hung up.

I deal directly with a Shenzhen supplier, with whom I have a good business relationship, importing almost all my DJI and Yuneec needs from this source. I'm sure the person I deal with in Shenzhen couched her answers in diplomatically chosen words, but it seemed even this supplier was lost for a reason why Yuneec's customer relations and after sales service was in the sewer. The litany of "untruths" about stock availability and delivery dates eventually turning into outright silence from Yuneec.

The end result is a great UAV which still remains a reasonably versatile piece of kit, but, from a business perspective something of a waste of money. I will be looking well away from Yuneec in the future, when considering what other options there may be in the market, that suit my needs.

Bit of a rant; but it seems glossy websites and slick promotional vid's posted on YT don't always paint the fullest picture about the business behind the product, regardless of its country of origin!

Happy and safe flying :cool: ;) [emoji106]

@twoheadlines,

Your detailed “regrets” center around a lack of communication from Yuneec, with respect to your purchase of the H520.

How is the performance of your H520 going, irrespective of customer support?

I am a fellow H520 owner. Aside from a few initial issues (E50 related) I have not had a need to contact customer support. Wondering how yours is actually working for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

After the debacle with United Radio in April 2019 and the total undoing of KAV in October of 2019, a person would have to be nuts to send anything in for repair by Yuneec. It would be a total crap shoot as to when you would ever get your property back, if at all, and in what condition.

Hi DM. Just a quick true story that only happened to my brother the other day. I got a call from my brother telling me that he left his Cannon camera equipment into a local camera shop to have it valued for sale as he no longer was using it. He had a D5 lots of fast glass and a macro flash and a canon speed light. When he called back the following day the camera shop was closed and there was a note on the door that said CLOSES FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. The shop has since been cleared out and a new sign posted that red SHOP CLOSED?
It looks like that he has lost a couple of thousand euros worth of camera gear now. Bummer!!
Mike

@twoheadlines,

Your detailed “regrets” center around a lack of communication from Yuneec, with respect to your purchase of the H520.

How is the performance of your H520 going, irrespective of customer support?

I am a fellow H520 owner. Aside from a few initial issues (E50 related) I have not had a need to contact customer support. Wondering how yours is actually working for you.

Thanks,

Jeff

I think I did acknowledge in my original post that the H520 "remained a reasonable piece of kit". To reinterpret that; I enjoy flying this aircraft very much. The all-in-one controller is really good to use, though there are some ergonomic issues. The aircraft itself can tolerate much higher wind loadings than my DJIs, and still remain a stable platform for photographs/videos to be obtained. The ability to retract landing gear and therefore have 360 degree FOV via the gimbal camera is for me unbeatable. All that said, there is a degree of latency which can be more than a bit annoying at times; making some cross wind movements potentially difficult to judge and try and compensate for, when attempting predictive inputs at the RC. The option of being able to hot swap gimbals was for me a very compelling buying point.

Would I buy another Yuneec aircraft? Unfortunately no. My original plan had been to purchase the one airframe and three gimbal units. Sadly, without the after sales support and product improvement to support that level of investment (for me), the end result is that I will likely continue to use the H520 to try and get some return from investment, but that is all. I suspect I may well be like a lot of other Yuneec users, who will not be in the least bit surprised at the news of Yuneec closing its doors in Shenzhen.

That said, I sort of feel for all serious UAV developers. The R&D required to bring any of the truly good models to market must be phenomenal. And, as has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, there have been bug fixes and software mods aplenty - again across all UAV developers - which must come at a cost, that for the most part relies on sales volumes being maintained, probably in the tens of thousands of units a week. Is that going to be sustainable over time, with new models and new players diluting market support almost daily? The ongoing demand for better products but at the lowest price consumers will willingly pay is also an inhibitor, maybe not to the volume of sales, but certainly to the gross profit margins, which is where R&D and after sales support get funded from

My feelings are that like the aircraft industry where Boeing and AirBus are probably the first tier civilian developers/manufacturers/suppliers, with a number second tier operators who could be regarded as serious global operators, it is likely what is still a "new" industry, will see UAV developers/manufacturers/suppliers go through a number of metamorphoses before we see the sort of stability both the commercial and domestic UAV markets will need to go forward. That scenario though will undoubtedly see many of us (me included) with expensive "toys" gathering dust on dark shelves in the back of the garage - hopefully with not too many forgotten batteries quietly swelling and becoming unstable also gathering dust in the same dark corner!

Happy and safe flying ;):cool:?

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz